Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin.exe will not stop running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

OldGeneralCrash

Hello, I have kind of an issue here and would appreciate any help or advice.

I recently downloaded a version of dolphin on this website and started playing Path of radiance.

Every 10 minutes, the game would crash, and so I thought it was an issue with the version of dolphin I was using (the one created around 2 years ago)

I then downloaded the version you can currently see on my profile.(4.0-9156-x64)

When I tried to launch it, my computer asked me if I was sure about launching it (never a good sign)

I still tried and launched it....and nothing happened.

as of now, nothing has happened, but the issue here is that I can see in my tasks that Dolphin.exe is currently running, and every time I try to end the task, it tells me that the operation could not continue and that the access was denied.

I tried running it as admin but it doesn't change anything.

I also cannot erase the file directly from my documents.
I think you either have malware or your anti-virus is being really over protective.

OldGeneralCrash

(03-27-2016, 05:43 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you either have malware or your anti-virus is being really over protective.

I just checked for malwares on my computer and I dont have any.

And I fail to see how my Avast anti-virus can block me from closing a task.

It seems to have no impact, but it's just here, still running.
Avast likes to do weird application sandboxing upon execution for executables it doesn't recognize, which can produce symptoms you're describing. Sometimes disabling Avast fixes it, sometimes it still does weird things even when disabled.

Since you're using Windows 10, Windows Defender included in 10 is a fairly effective anti-virus, you don't particularly need Avast unless you're prone to getting viruses.

OldGeneralCrash

I downloaded another version of Dolphin and my game doesn't crash anymore so that's at least something good.
As for the task running, it only uses 52 ko, which is very low.
In itself, it doesn't have disturbed my computer in any real way, there is no indication of it running aside of it when I look at tasks details.
I also cannot erase the file containing the dolphin.exe, but aside from these issues, no real impact on my computer.
I might just live with it, who knows, maybe it will disappear one day by itself.

Also, Path of Radiance is dangerously good, I canno't wait to finish it to go with Radiant Dawn.
What version did you download that is working?

OldGeneralCrash

I downloaded the version 4.0 9168-x64.