Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking to downgrade (will amd suffice now??)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Ive been using dolphin for years now on all kinds of intel systems.  I have ran a A10 6800k, 4670k, g3258, 2600k, 4360 and currently use a 4770k.  (Yes I have a problem)

My question is,with the newest builds running so well with less power and since the inclusion of directx 12 support ive noticed even less usage on my i7 (All praise is due to the community of developers of course), can I afford to go back to a 6800k and produce an enjoyable experience?

I seem to remember 3 years ago that the 6800k couldnt quite cut it in games such as SMG.  My guess is that with the vast speed improvements and also the dx12 offloading it ahould be ~50% faster than my last 6800k build from 3 years ago?

What do you guys think, I know he vast majority of us game on intel and suggest using such parts...but is it really a must anymore?
That should be ok
I had A10 6790k + Asrock A88X ITX . At 4.5GHz , it should run most game full speed as long as you don't go overboard with the resolution
3xIR was impossible for iGPU but that was with DX11 . DX12 should be much better but I don't have that A10 atm
Edit : I forgot that only HD7xxx or newer GPU would work with DX12 . So you must have a dedicated GPU if you want to use DX12
Damn, yeah 6800k has 6xxx series. Thanks the heads up
It should be okay. The high end AMD chips are on par with Intel's i3 chips, and those play Dolphin fine. You'll just be generating a huge amount of heat and suck a bunch of power with the huge TDP AMD likes.
(03-26-2016, 03:38 PM)ZL580 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, yeah 6800k has 6xxx series.  Thanks the heads up

At first, I thought so, too but I was wrong . A10 6790k and A10 6800k have HD 8670D which supports DX12 
Sorry for the late reply . I didn't have the CPU at that time . I just re-test it now and when I open the graphic settings ....I realize I was wrong