Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cursor stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WesleyNL

hello guys my wii cursor stopped working in dolphin
i dont use an ir bar, it worked fine without one of these untill now, the wiimote itself works fine except the cursor that have stop functioning and i tired difrent ames and both my wiimote's all buttons work , what can it be that the cursor stopped working ?
If you're using a real Wiimote, you need an IR bar in order for the pointer to work.

WesleyNL

i always played without one and cursor worked fine but somehow it stopped working, i had to hold it in some possition for it to function, but somehow dolphin don't react to it anymre

WesleyNL

wait , after googling i figured out why it stopped functioning, the wiimote don't need a sensor bar at all, i did not use one rather i don't have one the wiimore react to lights, sensorbar don't do anything except lighting up the leds in it and now is the explanation how i always played

i always held the wiimore in a position where my celling lights hang, and since i use halogen spots it reacted to that, but since my trafo died of the spots i was in the dark and so the wiimote did not see any lights to react to

i have a cheap 3 spot halogen celling light and that was enough for wiimore to work, now that i know that i know what to do, fix celling light haha

also maby a good tip for you guys, add a virtual cursor bar in dolphin , one with +/- 2-4 dot's and see if the wiimore react to it ,