Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What Exactly is "PerfQueries"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see this from time to time in gameinis, but there's no corresponding GUI option from what I can tell, and it's also not anywhere in Link_to_the_past's guide, so I'm just curious what exactly it is/does.
AFAIK PerfQueries is a feature of the GC/Wii GPU that only Super Mario Sunshine uses (IDK if there's more games using it), in order to "know" the amount of goo you cleared in the "Scrubbing Sirena Beach" stage. On older Dolphin versions where the feature weren't emulated correctly (or at all if I'm not wrong), entering on that stage would instantly make it as "cleared", completing the stage and giving you the Shine Sprite without doing anything. On current Dolphin builds, if you somehow disable PerfQueries (or use a video backend which doesn't implement it yet, like DX12), you'll never be able to beat that stage, the timer will continue running even after you clear all the goo...