Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best general bluetooth dongle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been wanting to play some Wii games of mine on my PC recently, and, try as I might, I just cannot figure out a fully comfortable setup for the mouse and keyboard to get everything to work correctly for most games. As a result, I considered just buying a Mayflash DolphinBar and getting a good bluetooth dongle for not just Dolphin, but for any future bluetooth items I end up using. Hence the topic title.

What is the best general bluetooth dongle that will work with everything, be it the DS4 controller, multiple Wiimotes for Dolphin, keyboards, etc.?
I mean, as long as it's not a cheap as dirt dongle, they all more or less will support multiple connections just fine. You can't go wrong with some of the highest rated ones on something like Amazon. I just went into Best Buy and bought the first one I found, and I haven't had issues with it at all. Some are definitely bad, but usually the price gives it away, at least that's what I've seen.
The Mayflash DolphinBar has built-in BT , why would you even need a dongle ?
Btw I don't have the Mayflash . I bought official Nintendo Sensor Bar then modded it to USB . My dongle is iclever in-8510-40 , it can connect up to 4 wiimotes at the same time
I don't have about the DS4 so idk it will work or not , I only have DS3 and Classic Pro
If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks and what to try a $3.24 version, check out this post.

That adapter has served me quite well. I'm guessing most BT 4.0 adapters will do the job fine.
If you get a dongle, get the highest class one or you'll experience noticeable input delay usually. I bought the Mayflash Dolphin bar and it works flawlessly. No delays at all, USB powered and the sensor works well. I highly recommend it. Spend the 20 bucks up front and be done with it.
Does the Mayflash work with other BlueTooth devices as well?
I believe it does if you switch the mode.