Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac screensaver comes on during play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

iynque

Using the latest Mac stable (4.0) and also on "Dolphin master-4.0-9146" under OS X 10.11.3, the screensaver comes on during play.

I play using a USB controller ("Logitech Dual Action"), the input from which doesn't prevent or cancel the screen saver. After a few minutes of playing, the screen saver comes on and I have to reach for my mouse and activate a third party app, Caffeine, to prevent screensaver/sleep.

No other emulator I've tried allows the screen saver to start while I play using the same USB controller: SNES9x, Nestopia, KiGB, PCSXR, Sixtyforce etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere? Or is it just not set up to prevent the screen saver?

It's obviously easy to run Caffeine every time, but it seems like an error or an oversight (since playing with the keyboard would prevent the screen saver).

TheSIlentLink

I think it is just not set up to disable the screen saver as I have the same problem using the gamecube controller. One way is to disable the screen saver when you want to play for the time being.