Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker picto box quest bugged?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm playing through The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for the first time ever, and I've come across a side quest where a guy wants me to take a variety of perfectly framed pictures.  The first photograph I am tasked with taking is of a man who walks back and forth to the mailbox with love letters.  I am supposed to snap a picture of this man right as he places the envelope into the box...which I have done...15 times...and I keep getting told that the picture is no good.  I have watched 3 different youtube videos of people taking the same picture and I have mirrored their positions and framing to a pixel, but no matter what, the picture is inevitably not good enough.

While googling around for answers I came across a post from another website mentioning that this is a known bug for dolphin - is that true?  I tried unchecking "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" but it didnt seem to make a difference.  

Any ideas?  Huh
Did you also uncheck Skip EFB Access from CPU?
(03-20-2016, 09:34 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Did you also uncheck Skip EFB Access from CPU?

Just tried three more times after doing that and it still isn't happening. I keep wondering if I keep messing up the picture somehow but it seems unlikely..I can't imagine taking the picture any better than I already have multiple times. Maybe I'm doomed to have to skip this quest
Finally got it  Big Grin

I should have thought to do this earlier - I checked out the dolphin wiki for Wind Waker.  The first entry in the list of problems mentions that the 3rd leg of the picto box quest is bugged when using Direct3D as a backend.  The recommended fix is to switch to OpenGL.  After doing that the picture was accepted on the first try.  So even though the wiki says that the third leg is bugged with Direct3D, it appears that the entire quest is actually bugged.

So there you have it - problem solved.  Thanks for the assistance!
Running an nvidia chip, you may have better performance with our OGL backend anyways.
The third portion is still bugged with D3D? Can someone confirm that please?