Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: problem of time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you have lot of users you can anounce that you need people that have lot of free time and create your team duplicats.Every duplicat makes the work of original in free time soo you can build dolphin faster.One Question to dolphin team-How many people is in the team that is working on dolphin?
What do you think about my idea?
If I had any idea what you were asking... I might be able to answer it... but alas.. I don't have any idea what you're asking...

There are so many people that have commit rights... Everyone that has commit rights can make a commit at anytime they want... They don't need anyone else to approve the commit...
(10-01-2009, 04:00 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]If I had any idea what you were asking... I might be able to answer it... but alas.. I don't have any idea what you're asking...

There are so many people that have commit rights... Everyone that has commit rights can make a commit at anytime they want... They don't need anyone else to approve the commit...

I am not good at english...I am saying that they can make a copy of whole dolphin team to proced faster.ex:one team member is doing somthing I do not know what in his free time:when he does not have free time someone else is continuing his work in his free time.I do not say that they must work at emulator all the time...Soo do you get the point.......
(10-01-2009, 04:18 AM)stefano clagna Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2009, 04:00 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]If I had any idea what you were asking... I might be able to answer it... but alas.. I don't have any idea what you're asking...

I am not good at english...I am saying that they can make a copy of whole dolphin team to proced faster.ex:one team member is doing somthing I do not know what in his free time:when he does not have free time someone else is continuing his work in his free time.I do not say that they must work at emulator all the time...Soo do you get the point.......

You're suggesting what I can best define as parallel commiting. If this were the case, they would commit every single change, no matter if it's a full function or a single line of code... this would be way too confusing and actually slow the process down. Devs release stuff when it's "complete" because they all have different ways of thinking AND coding... While the end result might be the same, the way someone thinks through code and actually documents it before release could be completely different than another. There's a lot of trial and error with coding, So I could look at a code snippet and say "oh this is for x, y, and z output" when it's actually for "x and z" or whatever... It's so difficult to see a tiny piece of code and say "This is what they are going for" when they could be going for something completely different.
Development is fast enough, of course you can always look at the issues and try to fix them up yourself, then show the patch to ector or the other devs, and you might actually take part in the project.