Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Steam Controller is AMAZING for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
seriously, dual stage triggers for GCN games like Mario Sunshine, gyro support for Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash, and controlling the cursor in Mario Galaxy with the touchpad is SUPER nice(while it worked anyway... the latest Steam beta made it so it won't pick up star bits without fast depth calculation off, which introduces other issues) playing Xenoblade with the D-Pad mapped to the back pedals so you can change arts while moving is also awesome. Anyone else got some games they've found work great with it?
You're mistaken on the picking up starbits thing, you obviously messed up your settings elsewhere.
that's odd as I've spent a few hours testing it and even with the same settings I was only able to pick them up when I didn't launch from steam, what backend are you using as I didn't try DX11 or 12 as the steam overlay wouldn't even show up meaning the steam controller wouldn't work.

EDIT: figured it out, on OpenGL it does not work on both the Master build and Ishiiruka, despite working before the latest beta update, on Ishiiruka, the one I was using for the galaxy games, the overlay won't load with any of the DirectX backends, meaning the Steam Controller won't work, on the Master build DX11 backend however everything works as intended, so I'll just have to deal with a bit of extra stuttering while it compiles the shaders I guess.
You can use any controller with an analog L and R trigger, just map the trigger to both the options on each side