Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to Dolphin, some problems I encountered with Wii emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

marcoxD95

Hi.

Im fairly new to Dolphin. I played some gamecube games already but thats about it. I didnt had any problems with Gamecube games.

Now I wanted to play a Wii game and encountered already 2 problems which I wasnt able to fix until now.
Im trying to play the game Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Now first I have the problem that the controller is totally weird. I tried an XBOX 360 and Windows One controller.
Actually I want to resemble the controller controls similar to the game version on PS2 but I wasnt able to do this.
In fact I cant even punch in the game. It looks like its trying to use this idiotic Wii controls? I can move and fly around but any other input is completely missing.
Is there a way to change this? Didnt found any...

Second problem is that I have graphical bugs. For example are the characters like ghosts, just like most objects. The rest is fine so far though.

Thanks for any help.
(03-14-2016, 02:50 AM)marcoxD95 Wrote: [ -> ]Now first I have the problem that the controller is totally weird. I tried an XBOX 360 and Windows One controller.
Actually I want to resemble the controller controls similar to the game version on PS2 but I wasnt able to do this.
In fact I cant even punch in the game. It looks like its trying to use this idiotic Wii controls? I can move and fly around but any other input is completely missing.
Is there a way to change this? Didnt found any...

Configure your controller as a GC controller, not a wiimote.

(03-14-2016, 02:50 AM)marcoxD95 Wrote: [ -> ]Second problem is that I have graphical bugs. For example are the characters like ghosts, just like most objects. The rest is fine so far though.

Make sure you are using the latest version of dolphin and post your settings.

marcoxD95

I changed to OpenGL render and everything works as it should now. The game even runs at 5K on my PC without any problems now LOL.
I also changed the gamecube controller controls to resemble the PS2 controls of Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Works pretty good. I only noticed that in the Wii version you always use dragonsprint up and down and cant use the normal way of flying up and down like in the PS2 version but I can live with that.

ok fixed, nevermind. Thanks.
The C stick modifier can't be detected by the game – it just makes the range of the C stick smaller. It can be useful if you're using a keyboard, but if you're using a real stick, it's not especially useful.