Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Advice needed to cleanly have CmakeLists.txt search for the right version of GTK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sheepdestroyer

As referred to in this bug entry : https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9414
Build will always fail on systems where wxWidget3 development libraries are installed and linked to GTK3 (as it is the case on Fedora for instance).

The problem arises from CmakeLists.txt having the search for GTK2 hardcoded, instead of searching for GKT3 if (and only if) wxWidget3 is linked to that version.

As a test, I modified CmakeLists.txt (and imported a cmake plugin from Chromium project, because cmake is by default unaware of GTK3...) to make it search only for GTK3 libraries. In that case, dolphin will successfully build, and I can now enjoy a dolphin UI consistent with my system. That can work. Please see bug entry for details.

My problem is : I am not really a dev and I do not know where to start in order to make a universal PR.
I would need to have CmakeLists.txt recognize which GTK version wxWidget3 libraries are linked to on the current system, then invoke FindGTK3 instead of FinGTK2.

Anyone can help me?