Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this desktop built good enough...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: SLk4CyY.jpg]

to run all kind of Wii/NGC games?

PS.Is it an MSI R9 390 okay with openGL? I heard it has problem with PCSX2

Thank you very much

Angel
That's a fine build. And yeah. AMD cards don't get along nicely with OpenGL so if you're looking to use the OpenGL backend or Linux in general, you're going to have a bad time.

If you want that AMD card, stick with Windows, and stick to either the DirectX 11 backend or the experimental DirectX 12 backend. Nvidia cards work very well with both Windows and Linux, and the OpenGL backend as well as DirectX. (I tend to recommend users stick with OpenGL in Dolphin if they're on Nvidia, it tends to be more accurate)
(03-12-2016, 04:11 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ](I tend to recommend users stick with OpenGL in Dolphin if they're on Nvidia, it tends to be more accurate)

So it's the same as for the PCSX2 ;-;

It's a pity 'cause radeon cards are generally better with PC gaming
er, okay.

Apparently drivers that are hot garbage are better for PC gaming. :^)
Since I am here, I also want to ask it it is possible to configure a logitech gamepad as a virtual wiimote? Thanks
[Image: logitech-joypad-f510_t.jpg]
Select an emulated wiimote in controller config. Configure that emulated wiimote. Select your gamepad as the device in the configure screen for the emulated wiimote.
Everybody is excited about the new Pascal chips and it's just 2 months away . GDDR5X's memory bandwidth is twice as much as GDDR5's memory bandwidth . This mean you can run game at higher resolution without losing FPS . 16nm is much better than 28nm (lower heat , better overclocking... )
You should not buy graphic card atm .
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-geforc...gp104-gpu/
Better wait for GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 instead
Btw , 4GB VRAM of GTX 970 is a lie
(03-12-2016, 06:55 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw , 4GB VRAM of GTX 970 is a lie
I know...there are barely 3,5 GB.
New Nvidia cards will be surely overpriced.
An R9 390 seems better to me. I am only concerned by the fact it might have some problem with the OpenGL. (Even if DX11/12 should work greatly for all games)
Quote:New Nvidia cards will be surely overpriced.
I wouldn't call it like that . Sure the cost for the newer card will be higher but newer card will have much better performance
You won't have to buy the top of the line card
Please remember GTX 960($200) has the same performance as GTX 770 ($400) , GTX 770($400) is slightly faster than GTX 680($500)
In theory , GTX 1060 should be on par with GTX 970 but cost less $$$
[Image: lineup.png]

Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4