Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I3 4130 Slowdown?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have random slowdowns in smg and donkey Kong Returns and other games. The internal Resolution is only 1,5. I use dx12. AA is Turn off

My Hardware
Intel i3 4130
4 GB RAM
Geforce Gt 630

So where is the Problem?
Your GPU . Both two games are graphically demanding titles
GT 630 has 3 versions : the newer architecture Kepler that has super low memory bandwidth (14.4GB/sec) , the rest are based on older architecture Fermi , one is GDDR5 which is fine and the other is DDR3 bad . Fermi cards don't support Dx12 , you won't get any speed boost over Dx11 even if you use it . Kepler and newer card such as Maxwell supports Dx12 but Kepler version of GT 630 has low memory bandwidth which likely cause GPU bottleneck
And btw , if the random slowdown you're talking about is this
shonumi Wrote:The microstuttering is usually a symptom of Dolphin generating its shader cache. It creates the shaders for later use, so it doesn't have to compile them again during runtime. Initially, you'll get slight stutters, but as you play longer, it should go away.

Of course, any part of the game that requires the GPU to generate new shaders (new levels, new special effects, new "graphics", etc) will bring up microstuttering. Generally though, the more you play, the less it happens
then nothing you can do to solve it . Usually , microstuttering only happens once for a while for only about 1-2 secs