Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When will we have the next stable version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just wondering because I wanted one for the longest time just to play DBZ games on Wii.
Are there any info about us having a stable version or something? (not the ones from 2 years ago.)
In a while.

In the meantime, use the latest dev revisions, which are quite stable (much more than the last "stable" release anyhow). They have greatly improved speed, accuracy, and features compared to 4.0 or 4.0.2.
(03-06-2016, 04:47 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]In a while.

In the meantime, use the latest dev revisions, which are quite stable (much more than the last "stable" release anyhow). They have greatly improved speed, accuracy, and features compared to 4.0 or 4.0.2.

I know they have, but I'd just hope we can finally get a stable version that comes with all the newest stuff including gamecube adapter compatibility that plays a whole lot of Wii games made playable then me playing it on the old stable version. Sad
Why dont you just download the latest dev version?
I'd be all for nuking the stable version to be honest. It just causes users to come to the forums only to get the solution of "Use the latest development release" 8 times out of 10. The other 2 times are "Your hardware is awful. Upgrade."

Even us working on Dolphin put a fair bit of effort to hide the stable version. You can't download it directly from the homepage, and you have to scroll down half of the download page just to find that 2+ year old trash fire.
(04-01-2016, 12:32 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be all for nuking the stable version to be honest.

On the official homepage, they are already. Most users just press on the first download button they find. *But* on every other shareware site, or linux repositories, ..., there is still the last stable version.... It's hard to nuke it for them...
One thing that would help a small minority of cases would be for the Dolphin team to become the official maintainers of Dolphin's Chocolatey package, as you'd then have the power to make the default version the latest master-branch build.
I'm sure the 7 people that use chocolatey and Dolphin would be thrilled.
All I want is a new stable build with all the new features that the latest dev builds have been having. That's it. I'm just sick and tired of having my wii system for a few games after seeing this on the dev builds...
http://imgur.com/a/HWKyV

DBZ: BT3 plays perfectly on the 4.0.2 stable but not on dev builds.
Hint: The next stable version would be just any current development build, just relabeled. So don't expect it better than current development builds. What's the issue with BT3?
Pages: 1 2