Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What are the requirements to run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im trying to run dolphin but i need to know how much Ghz & ram do i need? What kind of graphics card do i need?

thx! Ed Posey
anything above the 2.0Ghz Core2duo //avoid Pentium D // 3.0 ghz prefered
Card that supports OpenGL 2.1 (Nvidia cards prefered)
2GB Ram or more

If your PC can run windows Vista ... then you are good
(09-30-2009, 02:42 AM)naroth Wrote: [ -> ]If your PC can run windows Vista ... then you are good

i lold
Is Intel pentium 4 good for dolphin?
Not really, it won't run most of the games at full speed, Dual Core is highly recommended for Dolphin at the moment
(10-03-2009, 07:13 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, it won't run most of the games at full speed, Dual Core is highly recommended for Dolphin at the moment

Shouldn't count on any miracles.
Quads are too hard for dolphin to utilize.
Same thing goes for any cpu w/ multiple cores over 2.
By at the moment I mean optimizing emulator for single core processors, who is going to implement that useless quad core support?

scatology

HEY! I have a project! to build a very VERY VERY small HTPC (No dvd drive, no power supply just motherboard and one 2.5 hard drive...) I want to integrate some emulator for snes, nin64 and gamecube emulators! But I want to take the Zotac ION N330 motherboard because it have an external power supply!

The motherboard have a Intel Atom 1.6 Ghz DUAL CORE, 1 mb of cache. The Ion graphic is an 9400M and the ram is shared with motherboard ram that i will add. i will put 4gb of 800mhz 4-4-4-12.

Zotac motherboard review and benchmark: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3562&p=1
Atom 330 spec: http://processorfinder.intel.com/details...Spec=SLG9Y

DO you know if this will run in good stable FPS in emulator For dolphin and other emulator (project 64... i know is not the subject xD)???? Like 60 FPS ??

Thanks a lot!!!
Doubt it'll run Dolphin well, that's a very weak card. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have a problem with Project64.
Pages: 1 2