Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical bug on several EA games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I was trying some trivia EA games.

Triiviial, trivial pursuit, trivial pursuit bet you know it and trivial pursuit you dont know jack.

All this games show a quarter of screen non visible, like you can see on the picture. It´s always the same quarter. Sometimes something get rendered on that quarter, others is completely black.

Latest dev build. Happens with olders too.

Intel cpu. Nvidia card.

Tried every render, including dx12, all show this problem.

Changed IR, filters, etc, all the same.

Thanks
Does this happen if you turn off Scaled EFB copies in Enhancements?
Hi, turned off scaled EFB copies. Error still there.

Another picture...

Trivial pursuit
Tried to change some graphical settings on dolphin, but always the same problem.
Any ideas guys?
Try to find out if this used to work on older Dolphin versions, like 4.0-1xxx. And if it does, please find out which build broke it, then somebody can work on a fix. You only need to test a few times to find the correct build, if you divide and conquer. Let's say 4.0-1000 works and 4.0-9000 does not, then test 4.0-5000 and so on, always the one in the middle.
Hi. Seem this games never worked correctly. Im not sure if devs are aware of this.

Looks like I found a proper config. Changing EFB copies from TEXTURE to RAM, make the games display correctly. On latest build this option is called something like save EFB copies as read only. You have to uncheck this.

Hope it can be added by default for this games. On the other hand, unchecking this, will lower the performance a lot (like half fps)
(03-10-2016, 05:43 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Seem this games never worked correctly. Im not sure if devs are aware of this.

Looks like I found a proper config. Changing EFB copies from TEXTURE to RAM, make the games display correctly. On latest build this option is called something like save EFB copies as read only. You have to uncheck this.

Hope it can be added by default for this games. On the other hand, unchecking this, will lower the performance a lot (like half fps)

Don´t you mean EFB copies to Texture? Anyway, there is still a small -very small- portion of games that still require EFB-2-RAM to work correctly.
Well, not sure,

Here you have a picture with the option you have to uncheck. Dont know how it´s called in english.

Maybe devs can find another fix or put this by default for this games, cause otherway, they are not playable under any render.
We're currently in the middle of fixing EFB Copies to Texture; namely it was copying stuff that was the wrong height/width without handling it correctly.

These EA games appear to be casualties. If you could make a full list of games that you know are affected, then maybe I could see if I have one of the games, and then we could accelerate fixing this.

EDIT: I have YDKJ, will investigate.
Pages: 1 2