Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Battle for Bikini Bottom wont run at full speed on either of my most powerful systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Q8300Billion

Ok so ive been trying to get battle for Bikini Bottom to run on my system at full speed. Ive tried changing the res, using aggressive speed hacks everything. It refuses to break the 40FPS barrier. Considering the recommended CPU on the dolphin wiki page is a 3.2GHZ Core2Duo i'm thinking i HAVE to have configured it wrong.

System 1:

Windows XP Professional SP3 x86
Core2Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
4GB 800MHZ Crucial DDR2
SoundMax HD Audio

Naturally ive tried it with no hacks, and all applicable to dual core hacks. Ive used OpenGL backend for all tests since that the best performaing on that machine.
Was able to get it to average 40FPS. So i only need to boost performance by around 30 percent here.

System 2:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Core2Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce 750TI 2GB Hyper-clocked
4GB 667MHZ PNY Optima DDR2
Realtek HD Audio

Same situation, tried it with and without hacks, and with both the Direct3D 11 and OpenGL Back end. Ive also tried multi-threading hacks. Managed to coax it into an average 30FPS which is half what i need. I was going to try the OpenCL Texture decoder since theoritically my large number of cuda cores would make this the ideal setup but it crashed Dolphin on this system.

This game isnt exactly the most demanding out there. Have i configured the emulator in a horrible manor or something? I should be able to handle these fine given that i almost match the recommended requirements on the wiki. Both these builds are modified Dell Optiplexs BTW so overclocking isnt an option. Essentially i need to double my performance, not sure how realisitc of a goal that is but it seems to me my systems arent performing as they should.
Well neither off those systems are super powerful, but should still be able to run that game. Download the latest dev build, 4.0-9081 (latest as of writing), as it is way faster than 4.0.2 stable.

Q8300Billion

(03-04-2016, 02:51 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Well neither off those systems are super powerful, but should still be able to run that game. Download the latest dev build, 4.0-9081 (latest as of writing), as it is way faster than 4.0.2 stable.

That would work but theres no X86 build of that and the faster clocked machine is XP. Do you think the quad core is high enough clocked for the job?
It should be fine. A quad core is actually slightly faster than a dual core since it can move the operating system and background tasks to the other cores while Dolphin runs on two of them.
You can also reinstall Windows using the same license as either 32- or 64-bit
Haha , did you call two 7 years old system powerful ? It's low end , many generation CPUs were released after that Wolfdale : 1st gen i3/i5/i7 Nehalem ,2nd gen sandy bridge , ivy bridge , haswell, broadwell and the current 6th gen skylake )
Just take a look at Dolphin Benchmark , non of any Wolfdale ( Core 2 duo / Core 2 Quad) could be faster than the real Wii , both are below Dolphin requirement
Most any current dual core CPUs are twice as fast as Wolfdale
Btw , I had E5300 which is also Wolfdale , I remember it would take E5300 OC at 3.6GHz to run that game full speed .
Quote:Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Core2Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce 750TI 2GB Hyper-clocked
[/b]
There is still hope for your second system . GTX 750 TI supports Direct3D12 which is 50->60% faster than Direct3D11 . You will need to install Windows 10 x64 though
The recommended specs are honestly a bit out of date and we should update that.

We've done a non-trivial number of accuracy improvements that have a fair amount of slowdown on older and slower CPUs.