Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this build be able to record Melee in 60fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hieu

So I want to be able to record Melee in 60 fps using OBS without any drops. No texture mods, just raw, native quality Melee. I asked around other websites and this is the build I'm at so far.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YBnKyc

If there are any changes need to be made, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Yep. Get 2x4gb sticks instead. /thread

Other than that, nothing to really complain about. inb4 ssd spam.

Hieu

(03-04-2016, 10:59 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. Get 2x4gb sticks instead. /thread

Other than that, nothing to really complain about. inb4 ssd spam.

Alright that's good news! However, what's the difference between 2x sticks of ram and 1 stick? I was at 2 originally and someone said to change to 1. Is there some kind of advantage with 2?
Dual channel is faster than single channel
Quote:someone said to change to 1
I think probably because it's way easier to upgrade as you can buy another 8GB stick later . That would be 16GB dual channel
Btw , where is your ssd ?

Hieu

(03-04-2016, 11:36 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]where is your ssd ?

I feel a 250g ssd won't be enough for recordings in 720p and 60 frames, so a big HDD might be better. I'll probably add one down the road. Am I missing something super important by not having one?
128 or 120GB is fine . You don't have to store all your video on SSD
Keep in mind that you have to run your game , your OS , your recording software at the same time and HDD write speed is slow
If you choose GTX 960 , you won't have to use any recording software since it has shadow play feature (along with video compression) which is much faster than any recording software , you can store your video on SSD without worrying about being full
(03-04-2016, 01:50 PM)Hieu Wrote: [ -> ]I feel a 250g ssd won't be enough for recordings in 720p and 60 frames, so a big HDD might be better. I'll probably add one down the road. Am I missing something super important by not having one?

Well, a SSD is much, much faster than a normal HDD, so if you place your OS and programs on it, you'll notice that your OS and programs will start much faster, updates will be faster, actually, everything on it will take less time to load. However, usually it isn't big enough so you can't put everything on it; I think most people have a SSD for the system and a HDD for storing recordings, videos, etc.
Look at evverybody not answering the person's question!
tried to answer the "If there are any changes need to be made, it'd be greatly appreciated.", but looks like I went a bit too off-topic :/ sorry!

(you are so good at predicting posts though.)
I see a lot of build threads where everybody tries to build the *ideal* system (Which is usually more expensive) when the person originally asks if their build will do what they ask for and it does. It's silly. The improvements of SSDs are no real secret anymore.