Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Distortion when mesh close to camera and stereoscopic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running into a weird problem where 3D models get distorted when I have any stereoscopic setting enabled and an object gets fairly close to the camera. It's like certain vertices get clipped or extruded or something. I searched these forums for a similar problem but couldn't find one.

In Xenoblade I'm seeing character faces get stretched funny during cutscenes. In Metroid Prime Trilogy, Samus' gun gets distorted in various ways as I move it around.

Here are a couple screenshots: one of normal Metroid Prime and one with the distortion that's going on.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

Anyone know what's causing this?
(03-03-2016, 08:41 PM)Dr_Invisibrow Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what's causing this?

Weird. With 3D Vision 2, strange geometry problems happen to me if I use the automatic 3D Vision mode with the stereoscopic setting "off" in Dolphin. Changing some values to 0 in the Dolphin profile in Nvidia Inspector disables the automatic mode, and then everything looks and runs better with the 3D Vision option in Dolphin.

Does your projector use 3DTV Play? If so, you probably need to do what I did:

[Image: Pj4GiW.png]

Undefined section.
Awesome, that did the trick. One of those undefined values was non-zero on my end.

Thanks!