Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desync?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

exsoulja

How do I fix Desync issue in Netplay when playing with friends? We were trying to and we end up having different things on our screens and in the chat box it says "USERNAME" desync at # frames. So is this common feature?
Make absolutely sure that:

1. Both you and your friends are using the same revision of Dolphin (though I think as of late, Dolphin won't connect to other revisions anyway)
2. All of your settings are exactly the same (except the graphical enhancements, those can differ between setups)
3. You're all using the exact same ISO (an md5 check would be helpful here)
And that you aren't using wiimotes.
Aren't Wiimotes disabled in netplay in the latest versions, anyway?
They are in current versions, but the requirement for people to use identical revisions for netplay discourages them from updating, so they might still be on a version where Wiimotes are allowed.
It doesn't work whether they have the latest version or not lol.

You don't have the latest version, you desync on wiimotes. You're using the latest version, we've removed it.

Either way, you will not be playing with Wiimotes on netplay today.
We know that Wiimotes don't work in netplay, but the TC might not. The point is that he might be on an old revision where using Wiimotes is allowed and thus think that using them will work, when it doesn't, thus causing his desync. If he's on a newer version where Wiimotes are forbidden during netplay, then the desync has to be coming from something else.
His profile says he's using 4.0-9050, so I don't think that's an issue.

exsoulja

(03-04-2016, 12:15 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]His profile says he's using 4.0-9050, so I don't think that's an issue.

Well were playing gamecube, and were using standard controller. I'm using my Xbox 360 controller and my buddy is using his gamecube controller soo.. It's odd. we made sure all of our settings are the same and computed the game to check and it was identical. So....