Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird loading and stuttering issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Snoozie

So I used to play on a horrible laptop that barely met the system requirement, but now I moved over to a PC with a GTX 960, 8GB of ram and i5 4460 3.2GHz
And ever since I've been having horrible stutters in loading times, sudden stops in gameplay to have it continue a second later and odd stuttering over all even in menus and gameplay such as suddenly an extra 10 milisecond extra delay in my inputs and then back to around 2ms
Setting my settings to the absolute highest will make the stuttering worse and setting my settings to the lowest still has stuttering and I can't seem to fix this by changing versions or playing different games and really confused as I was getting better performance on a horrible laptop. How can I fix this?
You're probably hitting shader compilation. Don't change versions or you'll invalidate your compiled shader cache. It should go away as you play that game more. Some games are known for triggering a lot of shader compilation, like Xenoblade or Metroid.

Snoozie

(03-03-2016, 02:53 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]You're probably hitting shader compilation. Don't change versions or you'll invalidate your compiled shader cache. It should go away as you play that game more. Some games are known for triggering a lot of shader compilation, like Xenoblade or Metroid.

I've been playing melee for hours and tried switching games and regardless I'm still getting these weird hiccups
Oh, Melee. This shouldn't happen quite that often then. Can you post screenshots of your graphics settings?

I'm not sure what is going on with your system then. Melee is a pretty easy game to emulate, with brawl being even easier on some stages.