Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card in slot A is corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ermmm it's not much of a problem since i know my paper mario asked it first time i launched the game... but im kinda scared to loose my save files of paper mario if i reformat it to start playing Tales of symphonia.

So im wondering what i should be doing :/ ?
I recommend copying your memcard file from your Dolphin Emulator folder, place it somewhere else, and let Symphonia do it's thing. That shouldn't happen. Can you still load your paper mario save?
(03-03-2016, 10:02 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend copying your memcard file from your Dolphin Emulator folder, place it somewhere else, and let Symphonia do it's thing. That shouldn't happen. Can you still load your paper mario save?

I didnt do the format to begin with so yeah i still can access my save from paper mario.... And i know why it did the problem i mentioned and it's solved now. But just in case i'd need to do this in a near futur do i only need to copy the memcard file ?
Yeah. If you copy the memcard file somewhere, you have it backed up. So if a game trashes it, you can restore that backup
(03-03-2016, 12:09 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. If you copy the memcard file somewhere, you have it backed up. So if a game trashes it, you can restore that backup

Oki i'll make a back-up just in case then Tongue thanks for the help
I recommend using the GCI folders instead of memory cards, so that if a game gets messed up, its only that game that has issues
GCI Folders ???
(03-04-2016, 08:21 AM)alzakiel Wrote: [ -> ]GCI Folders ???

Instead of memory card set it to GCI folder.