Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to add something like "-opengl" parameter when launching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using shortcuts for my games, because I stream Dolphin to my living room. This is what a shortcut looks like here: "D:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe -e "D:\ROMS\Wii\Super Smash Bros Brawl.iso" -b"

But in some games, I want to run them in OpenGL. Is it possible to add a parameter here, so that OpenGL will be chosen for that session?

[color=#000000]Specs:[/color]

[color=#000000]Intel i7 4770k overclocked at 4.5[/color]
[color=#000000]12gb ram[/color]
[color=#000000]780TI Geforce[/color]

[color=#000000]Ishiiruka Dolphin (the latest version)[/color]
[color=#000000]Dual core active[/color]
[color=#000000]resolution: full screen 1080[/color]
[color=#000000]Directx12[/color]
[color=#000000]vsync on[/color]
[color=#000000]Enhancements:[/color]
[color=#000000]Scaled EFB Copy[/color]
[color=#000000]Pixel lightning[/color]
[color=#000000]Tesselation enabled, early culling[/color]
[color=#000000]3x internal res (1080p)[/color]
[color=#000000]No AA[/color]
[color=#000000]16 AF[/color]
[color=#000000]Custom textures[/color]

[color=#000000]Setting in pictures: [/color][color=#006abd]http://imgur.com/WR0AHHO[/color]
You should be able to use game INIs to make specific games always use OpenGL. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
(02-28-2016, 07:21 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to use game INIs to make specific games always use OpenGL. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

hmm thanks.. Do I copy all of this content in to the properties txt file? (right click - properties - edit config) ?
I actually The Legend of Zelda - Collectors edition with OOT texture pack and widescreen hack..
All I want is to speed up the emulation to 300%, only for this ROM and not my others. Don't know what to edit. Have any tips?
(03-02-2016, 08:14 AM)keem85 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm thanks.. Do I copy all of this content in to the properties txt file? (right click - properties - edit config) ?

Well, not all of it. If you want to set the graphics backend to OpenGL, you would just place this line below [Core]:
GFXBackend = OGL

(Also, it's actually an INI file, but it's close enough to a txt file.)

(03-02-2016, 08:14 AM)keem85 Wrote: [ -> ]All I want is to speed up the emulation to 300%, only for this ROM and not my others. Don't know what to edit. Have any tips?

Below [Core], type in this:
EmulationSpeed = 3.00000000

Have fun with your 300% speed audio and gameplay Wink
(03-02-2016, 08:35 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Well, not all of it. If you want to set the graphics backend to OpenGL, you would just place this line below [Core]:
GFXBackend = OGL

(Also, it's actually an INI file, but it's close enough to a txt file.)

Below [Core], type in this:
EmulationSpeed = 3.00000000

Have fun with your 300% speed audio and gameplay Wink

Thanks! I actually managed to find out the 300% speed under [core].. But the audio speeds up as well.. Is there any fix for that?
If you're lucky, there might be a game-specific hack available that changes e.g. the graphics speed without affecting the audio. I think I saw a 60 fps hack for Ocarina of Time somewhere here on the forums... Try looking in the Code Patches section.

If there is no game hack, then no, there is no fix.
"Fix" implies something is wrong. If you speed up the core, you'll obviously speed up the audio as a result.
(03-02-2016, 08:44 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you're lucky, there might be a game-specific hack available that changes e.g. the graphics speed without affecting the audio. I think I saw a 60 fps hack for Ocarina of Time somewhere here on the forums... Try looking in the Code Patches section.

If there is no game hack, then no, there is no fix.

I have the 60fps patch (and jump patch). I would assume the 60fps would not affect the audio if done correctly, otherwise I don't think they would have posted it on the Dolphin Wiki and forums etc.. Also https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ze...2015-08-30 suggests that it should work fine with 300% clock speed. It does not say anything about the audio.. So I'm doing something wrong here..

EDIT: Look at the "recommandation" part for TLDR
Oh, it's about setting the clock speed... That's different from setting the emulation speed, which I described. There is no way to set the clock speed for a specific game, so you'll have to do it manually in the Advanced tab of the configuration.

(03-02-2016, 08:48 AM)keem85 Wrote: [ -> ]I would assume the 60fps would not affect the audio if done correctly, otherwise I don't think they would have posted it on the Dolphin Wiki and forums etc..

There are actually widely distributed 60 fps codes that have an incorrect audio speed, like the one for Super Mario Sunshine.
(03-02-2016, 09:03 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, it's about setting the clock speed... That's different from setting the emulation speed, which I described. There is no way to set the clock speed for a specific game, so you'll have to do it manually in the Advanced tab of the configuration.

There are actually widely distributed 60 fps codes that have an incorrect audio speed, like the one for Super Mario Sunshine.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to experiment with this Smile Or maybe just turn off the code for good.. At least I got high def textures WITH widescreen hack. That's something that goes a long way for me Big Grin