Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: It's my computer bottlenecking the Software (video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

darkstar826

I want to know if my computer is bottlenecking the software or the software is not mature enough. In my opinion... I think is the software... What is your thought guys?

Specs:
Intel Q8200 2.33ghz (4 cores)
250 GTS 512MB
4GB DDR2
It's simple, your cpu is the bottleneck. Dolphin uses 2 main cpu threads to do most of the work. And since one of them has to wait for the other sometimes, the total cpu usage on a quad core cpu gets below 50%. Windows switches through the cpu cores all the time, which is why it looks like all cores are used to like 30%, but that's just not what's happening.

darkstar826

I found a glitch on the software. Im running everything on 60fps now. lol I got to upload this video!
(02-28-2016, 03:24 AM)darkstar826 Wrote: [ -> ]I found a glitch on the software. Im running everything on 60fps now. lol I got to upload this video!

A glitch? What exactly?
I don't know what kind of speed hack could help you get 60FPS on that game
But you will need a new PC anyway . Most games won't run well on yours no matter how you do it
Your CPU is obsoleted (from 2008 , 8 years ago ) and way below dolphin requirement . Most dual core CPU nowadays is twice , thrice as fast as your old quad core
Dolphin Emulator - CPU Benchmark