Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random ingame button mapping help [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blackstarhh

Watch the youtube and keep an eye out in the description for changes. Copied the description in under the youtube here

I am trying to use my ps3 controller and it worked just fine but then all of a sudden it starts to change the mapping of my keys ingame so I have to remap them for every game to get it to work probably but I would rather have a fix so it will stop doing it.

If you got any help for me on what to do plz do tell.

when I got a solution for it I will tell it here also.

Update 1: We today decided to test if it was the entier motionjoy so we went away from that at I am now using Xinput by using that it fixed my Speedrunner problem and now its just inside my dolphin that any key map I make is turned around directional and action keys I wrote to the dolphin dev for a fix no reply atm I will catch up on this when I hear from them.
(i just watched the first part of the video, till the NSMBW Menu)
There are games that uses the Wiimote like a Remote and game that you held it sideways. If you think about it, the D-Pad is rotated, eg. if you press "Up" on a sideways Remote, the game acutally get it as "Right" (but it interprets as "up" because the game is designed to play on a sideways wiimote)

In the Wiimote configuration, on the right "Options", there is a checkbox "Sideways Wiimote". Check it and it will rotate the D-Pad for you when ingame.

blackstarhh

(02-27-2016, 08:16 PM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ](i just watched the first part of the video, till the NSMBW Menu)
There are games that uses the Wiimote like a Remote and game that you held it sideways. If you think about it, the D-Pad is rotated, eg. if you press "Up" on a sideways Remote, the game acutally get it as "Right" (but it interprets as "up" because the game is designed to play on a sideways wiimote)

In the Wiimote configuration, on the right "Options", there is a checkbox "Sideways Wiimote". Check it and it will rotate the D-Pad for you when ingame.

I just now figured it out. and no its not just the sideways thingy but if you remove the nuncuck it rotates all the buttons for some weird reasons.. So I replugged the nunchuck and now my controls are working flawless.
I knew that the settings was the exact same on someone elses with the same controls without the random mapping so I tried it out just randomly and it worked Smile cheers.
I must say the thing about sideways actually gave me the direction to solve the puzzle