Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random Crash in Zelda TP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

linfosoma

Hi, first of all I apologize, I tried searching information about this problem but Im confused with the large ammount of builds this emulator has.

As the title explains Im having random crashes in Zelda TP, I believe it's sound related but nothing so far has worked.

My specs:
-Nvidia 9600 GT (190.62 drivers, these are the latest official drivers, but I may try the new beta later).
-Phenom II x3 720 Black edition.
-Asus M4A74 motherboard.
-2 GB Ram @ 1066 hz (Im getting more Ram next month).
-Windows 7 x86

Im using the Dolphin SVN Build 3972, which I believe is the latest official release (please feel free to correct me if Im worng).

Im using the Open GL renderer which works incredibly well, the game runs smooth with no visual glitches, Im so going to donate some money once I get this thing up and running.

As far as settings go, I'll post a screenshot later but I didn't mess with the options too much.
My problem is that with another build (it was a 42xx) the game runs fine with "unlimited JIT" turned on, but it is REALLY slow.

The 3972 bulid runs smooth but it crashes every 5 minutes or so when it clears cache, this version does not have the ulimited JIT option (?!).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Alex-
Update to the latest revision and use D3D plugin, make sure Unlimited JIT Cache is on.

And they all have Unlimited JIT Cache. you just have to run in debug mode with a -d switch and use those menus to enable it.

But just download either my builds(see my sig) or Orleans builds in the General SVN Forums. They both have it as an option.

linfosoma

I'll try that thanks, how do I enable dev mode and where do I include the -d switch? (sorry for the dumb question)
You don't have to do that with our builds, it's an option in the main options, as well as in the right click properties of the games. But for debug mode, you just make a shortcut to dolphin then right click the shortcut and go to properties, then you just add a space and -d after dolphin.exe (or dolphinIL.exe)
(09-29-2009, 05:58 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to do that with our builds, it's an option in the main options, as well as in the right click properties of the games. But for debug mode, you just make a shortcut to dolphin then right click the shortcut and go to properties, then you just add a space and -d after dolphin.exe (or dolphinIL.exe)

Hey just started using your 64 bit build it runs nice. Thanks. But I still get the using more then 2GB error I have 3 GB that could be used. the other GB is being used by my other programs. Is there anyway to let Dolphin to use more then 2 GB? thanks I know this is kinda off topic but it happens when I run Zelda TP too so. Big Grin
Never experience this error... and I have 3GB as well... can you post a screenshot of it?

LuisR14

try with this Smile (even though it says it's x86 related only)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4102.html
(09-29-2009, 06:31 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]Never experience this error... and I have 3GB as well... can you post a screenshot of it?

LuisR14

wtf? o_O, never seen that error o_o
sounds like you have a memory leak problem, what version of ATI Drivers are you using? see this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2556.html
Pages: 1 2