Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DX 12 games list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jonwackers

Strange that i had to re-register as this is definitely not my first visit to these forums.

My ultimate aim was getting Rogue Leader up and running and i know how long it took to get it working.

I use Win 7 x64 but i was very surprised to see DX12 support added to Dolphin and some of the reported increase in performance for some games.

Is there a list of games that benefit from DX12 ?

I only found out DX12 support from Gametrailers forum funnily enough.

I know i will have to get Windows 10 eventually but if there a decent amount of dolphin games that benefit from Win 10 DX12 i will get it a lot sooner.

Star Wars Battlefront looks great in 4K through SLI but the air combat isn't a patch on Rogue Leader.
The DirectX 12 is AFAIK still experimental. From the forumthread (where it was developed till it was integrated into dolphin offically) https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...12-backend i read that Games like Super Mario Galaxy are running better, so maybe the games that are graphics insentive gets a small speed boost.

jonwackers

(02-21-2016, 11:39 PM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]The DirectX 12 is AFAIK still experimental. From the forumthread (where it was developed till it was integrated into dolphin offically) https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...12-backend i read that Games like Super Mario Galaxy are running better, so maybe the games that are graphics insentive gets a small speed boost.

Seen some videos on Youtube, indeed Mario was on there, as is F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 3 and how much difference it makes would ultimately depend on what configuration was being used.

Was just curious if anybody had an idea what games had seen an improvement.

Got a lovely Samsung ue55ju6400 4K to play my games on now.
Varies from system to system, game to game.

Game which one person found a huge performance boost doesn't guarantee another person will come to have the same performance increase.

Some games will be significantly slower or broken due to unimplemented things the other backends have (Bounding box, for example, paper mario: TYD)

I never understand these threads. If you have the game. Just try it? You don't lose more than a few minutes from trying the game. Or if you have yet to dump the game from disc, the short time it takes to dump.

jonwackers

(02-22-2016, 01:04 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I never understand these threads.

Just thought i would ask a question as to who has seen improvements.

Fine, i will leave you all be and just fuck off, bye bye.
mario galaxy cause I dont get nearly as much of a frame drop when I go into freezing water and star wars rogue squadron II cause I now get full framerate at battle at hoth and prisons of maw.
(02-22-2016, 01:04 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I never understand these threads. If you have the game. Just try it? You don't lose more than a few minutes from trying the game. Or if you have yet to dump the game from disc, the short time it takes to dump.

That was a bit rude. He clearly said that he'd not yet upgraded to Windows 10 and so couldn't try for himself and just wanted to chat about it.

y'know - what forums are for.