Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Full screen from command line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just built Dolphin from source on Ubuntu 15.10 desktop. I configured to run fullscreen so that I could launch from a frontend however when i launch with the command
Code:
dolphin-emu -e <iso> -b
the Dolphin window pops up on top and the game starts playing below it, and the Ubuntu launcher is also still visible. I can click the game screen to bring it to front, but it should start on top. Has anyone seen this or know if I'm doing something wrong to cause this.
NEVERMIND. I finally found an old thread that described a checkbox that I should have noticed before. THANK YOU Smile
Which checkbox are you talking about? I also noticed this (when trying the CLI interface) but would be interested in knowing how you fixed that.
(02-21-2016, 08:42 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Which checkbox are you talking about? I also noticed this (when trying the CLI interface) but would be interested in knowing how you fixed that.

open dolphin-emu and in the Graphics settings enable the checkbox "Keep Window On Top", which apparently refers to the game window. I did this and it worked just right.

Now is there a way to set a gamepad button to exit the emulator?! Smile
Oh wow, I hadn't noticed this checkbox either. I had Fullscreen ticked but this one makes it work as it should. Thanks.

For the exit hotkey, yes. Simply configure the hotkeys (Options → Hotkey Settings) and assign the button to the Exit action.
(02-22-2016, 12:45 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, I hadn't noticed this checkbox either. I had Fullscreen ticked but this one makes it work as it should. Thanks.

For the exit hotkey, yes. Simply configure the hotkeys (Options → Hotkey Settings) and assign the button to the Exit action.

I thought I tried that but I thought the hotkey menu only accepted keyboard inputs. I'll look again. I found another post that mentioned a couple applications that would help, which might help with another emulator I have the same trouble with. Thanks!
You can right click on the Exit button in the settings dialog. That will show you another dialog where you can select the device.
Spoiler:
(02-22-2016, 01:00 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]You can right click on the Exit button in the settings dialog. That will show you another dialog where you can select the device.
Spoiler:

Wow that's awesome, thank you! So far dolphin has been a pretty sweet emulator!