Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Would a desktop: Intel Core i7 4790 (3.6 GHz)
8 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD 8 GB SSD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB

be able to emulate at 4k ?

Here is a link to the desktop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...57X2WJ4726

- Paul
I'd rather avoid it
- A Prebuilt PC is overpriced with poor components . I would build my own PC instead of wasting a couple of hundred bucks on it
- Lowest rated PC I have ever seen . I don't think I would consider buying it after seeing most reviews are like "Worst Computer I have EVER owned. Hands down." , Didn't last 7 months , "Avoid this at all costs!" and many more ...
Quote:be able to emulate at 4k ?
No , you will need at least a GTX 960 for that
(02-16-2016, 02:00 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather avoid it
- A Prebuilt PC is overpriced with poor components . I would build my own PC instead of wasting a couple of hundred bucks on it
- Lowest rated PC I have ever seen . I don't think I would consider buying it after seeing most reviews are like "Worst Computer I have EVER owned. Hands down." , Didn't last 7 months , "Avoid this at all costs!" and many more ...
No , you will need at least a GTX 960 for that

Would you recommend components that I can purchase? I am on a budget but would like to run dolphin at 4k. I have a Vizio 55 inch that I would like use as my TV as a monitor.
Quote:I am on a budget but would like to run dolphin at 4k.
Only Dolphin ? If you don't care about PC game then you can save $200
(02-16-2016, 02:11 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Only Dolphin ? If you don't care about PC game then you can save $200

Only dolphin. I want to run it at the highest resolution (4k) and fps. I will build it myself. What components do you recommend? And thank you for the advice!

- Paul
Ok , then
EVGA GTX 960 Superclocked for ITX build $180
Corsair Black Aluminum ITX case $85 or Cooler Master Elite 130 $ 44
Asrock Z97E ITX $130
Pentium 20th Anniversary G3258 $70
Noctua NH-L9i Cooler $42
Arctic MX-4 $10
EVGA 500W 80plus PSU $40
GSkill X Series 8GB dual channel $40

Total : $597 Max or $556 Min . Overclocking is the whole point of this build .
Edit : Forgot to add Seagate 1TB SSHD $70
Here is an idea of how powerful the G3258 is !
If you don't like overclocking , just swap out G3258 for i7 4790k . The i7 4790k can turbo up to 4.4GHz automatically
[Image: attachment.php?aid=14309]