Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Up to date Project M tutorial?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So with the shake up that happened a few months back I feel like any Project M tutorials I'm coming across are a bit out of date. Anyone know of a current tut that takes into account current development or code sources to get Project Melee running on Dolphin? Also, maybe a blog or something about what's been happening with Project M since? I hear it might have gotten renamed?

I've got my PAL copy here but no Nintendo console at the moment; did the PAL version run at 60hz or should I hop on ebay and get an NTSC copy? Because it just mods the original game right? Are there complete and ready to go versions out there? Because technically that would be the same as just ripping my copy right? If I own it its ok? 

Thanks in advance.

trunk208

If your talking about this Project M. Its dead like updates but I think ppl are updating it by themselves or making they're own update of the game. The reddit page still continues. I think the latest is 3.6? I don't remember much but theres tons of tutorial on youtube.

About PAL I do not know since i don't have a PAL version and ripping your game and such thats something else about rdy to go version you don't have to. Just put Project M in sd Card and make sure dolphin is using sd card and launch dolphin with gecko OS and done thats it dont need another ISO or NTSC

Edit: forgot to tell you this you don't need an update of the tutorial just get latest Project M if you want the latest then just follow one of the video tutorial.
(02-15-2016, 08:43 PM)Sannakji Wrote: [ -> ]I've got my PAL copy here but no Nintendo console at the moment; did the PAL version run at 60hz or should I hop on ebay and get an NTSC copy? Because it just mods the original game right?

You can run the PAL version of SSBB in either 50 Hz or 60 Hz. I don't think Project M supports the PAL version of SSBB, though.

(02-15-2016, 08:43 PM)Sannakji Wrote: [ -> ]Are there complete and ready to go versions out there? Because technically that would be the same as just ripping my copy right? If I own it its ok?

Downloading a complete game is illegal, regardless of whether you already own the game.
So...
Project M works only on NTSC unfortunately. The official website don't provide PM anymore, but there are mirrors : http://projectmirror.no-ip.org

A leaked PM 3.61 update is available : https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comme...e_version/
The project stills goes on open source here : https://github.com/Project-M-CC/Project-M-CC

A good Project M tutorial (for netplay, but also works offline, they are using 3.6) : https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/...-sd-method

To play PM on Dolphin, it's pretty simple : create a 2 Go virtual SD card with Dolphin SD card maker on /Dolphin Emulator/Wii/, open it (WinImage), paste all PM folders, set NTSC SSBB as default iso on Dolphin, check "Insert SD card", and run GeckoOS (the .elf one)
Another way to do this is to build a PM iso.
You actually can't build a proper ISO of the latest version of P:M due to the ASL code only working with SD cards. Just use the Smashladder Project M SD guide to set it up, and don't worry about the netplay portion of it if you don't plan on using netplay.

Also, Project M is completely incompatible with PAL (and NTSC-J).
Anyone know how to get PM-CC to work through netplay? me and a friend always end up desynchronizing when we start the game, made sure to follow Antherladder's guide, have the same revision/settings and build and it still happens
Fantastic House64, thanks, and thanks for the heads up Kurausukun;

So, say I don't care about the very latest, I just don't want to mess around with any SD card stuff; I just want to boot and play as a easily as possible, which version am I looking for? Would it be possible to get the last three new characters in this version? Knuckles and the Golden Sun guy?

Thanks.
"Messing around with SD card stuff" is by far the easiest way to play (and it has the most features, as I mentioned). Someone did leak a version of the build that was in progress when the project was disbanded with Knuckles, Lin, and Isaac, but they're horribly incomplete and really nothing more than a curiosity.

Download the version titled "Project M 3.6 Homebrew" from http://projectmirror.no-ip.org/ (it's the first one in the list), and make a virtual SD card 2GB large using the guide here, putting the contents of the Project M 3.6 download on the virtual card. You'll also need to find a .wad (it's important that it's a .wad) of Gecko OS 1.9.3.1, and make sure the hooktype in its settings is set to VBI. Also make sure "insert SD card" is checked in your Dolphin settings, Brawl is set as your default ISO (right click in your ISO list and select the option), and you should be good to go.
Thanks, made it a lot easier for me. Even after a quick google I'm a little confused as to what Gecko OS is exactly. Can it run on a PC, is it only for PC or what?
(02-16-2016, 10:13 PM)Sannakji Wrote: [ -> ]Even after a quick google I'm a little confused as to what Gecko OS is exactly. Can it run on a PC, is it only for PC or what?

No, Gecko OS is a Wii program that lets you launch games with special features like applying cheat codes. You can't run it directly on your PC, but you can run it in Dolphin.
Pages: 1 2