Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Settings to run dolphin on my mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

justnivek_

Hello everyone!

Sorry if I am asking a dumb question, I just bought a new MacBook Pro and wanted to see if Twilight Princess would run (gamecube version) and it does! (don't worry I own a copy)

Whats the best possible settings I should run dolphin on? I've never tried Mac Emulation before so I am clueless.

These are the specs if needed (under the $1,299 version) http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs-retina/

It was running fine but the water/pond at the start of the game was all glitched out... now I know usually emulation isn't perfect but is there a possible setting I could change to fix it? (im not just worried about the pond... im worried alot of the game might be graphically glitchy)

Thank you!
Intel drivers on mac are really bad, if you bootcamp windows it should work, but otherwise there isn't anything you can do about it.
Those GFX issues are likely driver issues. I don't remember any remaining GFX issue in ZTP at all.

For performance, keep care to enable the ZTP speedhack. It's hidden within the game specific settings, patches. The minimap will look a bit differently, but the speedup is very worth IMO.

justnivek_

ok so what I'm guessing is leave everything on default? don't mess with any settings?
All but the ZTP speedhack.
PR #3570 is supposed to fix the water bug in Zelda TP on Mac OS X...

justnivek_

I'm sorry, am kinda new to this... what does that mean? I need an add on/updated emulator or something?
That means there's a code change that fixes this glitch on Mac OS X being reviewed. In other words, you can wait for it's approval (it'll probably be included in official builds although this may take a while since we're in feature freeze) or you can just go to the PR #3570 page on Dolphin's GitHub and grab a pre-compiled binary including the fix meanwhile...
Hint: This is not a fix, it's a workaround.