Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgarded GPU lag issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

j0n35y

Hi, been using the dolphin emulator for about 2 weeks and its great, plays smooth and have had no issues at all playing about 15 hours of Zelda Twilight Princess.

Only settings I changed were internal resolution x3 and I was happy with the look and steady 30fps, everything else was default.

Anyway bought a EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB to replace my AMD HD 5770 1GB and now the game has random lag problems and can happen at any time even with nothing much happening on screen like the main menu for example.  FPS will drop to around 22 and the sound starts lagging as well as game play.

This happens on Direct3d which I've always used, tried openGL and its even worse.  I've messed around with the settings with no luck.

I know the card isn't a massive upgrade but I cant afford anything else.  Nothings overclocked and have installed the latest geforce drivers.

Any ideas guys

Thanks

system
AMD FX-6350
GTX 750 Ti
12 GB DDR3
120GB SSD
Win 10 x64
Try Directx 12 backend . Idk , I have that card on other system , it run game fine at 4xIR though
Open Nvidia Inspector , make sure your GPU clock speed is not underclocked
Dolphin may be trying to recompile shader cache since you've swapped your GPU. However, the slowness shouldn't persist.

Do you have both "Enable Cheats" checked in config as well as the ZTP speed hack enabled in AR codes in game properties?

Also, as admin89 said, your GPU may be clocking down to save power. Nvidia drivers get pretty confused on what power level to run at because Dolphin's workload is so odd. Go into nvidia control panel, make a profile for dolphin.exe, and then set the power management mode to "prefer maximum performance"

j0n35y

Hi, playing today for an hour or so I haven't encountered the slow down again, so was possibly something to do with the shader cache? I get the occasional slowdown going through doors in temples and changing scenes but just a quick stutter nothing major. I have noticed sound seems to distort slightly on x4 IR when attacking enemies so I'm back on x3 IR. Bit annoying not being able to improve graphics at all with a newer gpu lol.

I have set the power management to max performance for dolphin but not noticed a change.

Only other thing to try is the Ishiiruka version of dolphin, I see this supports directx12 and has so many more settings will definitely give this a go soon.

I tried the PCSX2 emulator as well and didn't really see an improvement, guess its true that the cpu is more important than the gpu.

Thanks for the feedback
Ishiiruka's D3D12 implementation is buggy as hell last I tried it and would never run for more than 5 minutes. Go here and get a build of the PR for D3D12 backend in the master branch. Hopefully it gets merged soon.

http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-3364-do...est-x64.7z