Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video Backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried on my pc (the specs are the ones in my profile) to play Super Mario Galaxy trying all the supported graphics engine but dolphin 4.0 always stops before the game even starts, giving me all the time the "Backend error". So I searched on internet for a solution and I discovered that perhaps it was a problem of the iso file.
To be sure I tried the same file with the same version of dolphin on a pretty old mac and there the game works just fine!
I don't know how to solve this awful problem. Huh

Thank you in advance for the help,
Morgan
(02-10-2016, 02:53 AM)MorganIV Wrote: [ -> ]I tried on my pc (the specs are the ones in my profile) to play Super Mario Galaxy trying all the supported graphics engine but dolphin 4.0 always stops before the game even starts, giving me all the time the "Backend error". So I searched on internet for a solution and I discovered that perhaps it was a problem of the iso file.
To be sure I tried the same file with the same version of dolphin on a pretty old mac and there the game works just fine!
I don't know how to solve this awful problem. Huh

Thank you in advance for the help,
Morgan

Do you have a log of the error? Go to your Documents folder (or whereever your configuration file points to.). Inside of the Dolphin folder, open the logs folder. Attach the dolphin.log file into your reply and post. This should help the devs and staff figure out the issue.
Try using the latest development version instead of 4.0.
(02-10-2016, 03:05 AM)gondracorn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a log of the error? Go to your Documents folder (or whereever your configuration file points to.). Inside of the Dolphin folder, open the logs folder. Attach the dolphin.log file into your reply and post. This should help the devs and staff figure out the issue.

Thank you for the advice, I'll submit it later
(02-10-2016, 03:10 AM)MorganIV Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the advice, I'll submit it later

Actually, did you follow Jos' Advice?
I tried the 5.0-rc version but it doesn't work either
That's not the latest development release. We don't even show the 5.0 RCs anymore. Where are you downloading?
(02-10-2016, 03:48 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]We don't even show the 5.0 RCs anymore. Where are you downloading?

I find it amazing that people always manage to download and use old builds, even when they are not listed anymore…
Sorry I didn't know, I found it here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/837...ee05a2100/
How did you get to that link though? It's not listed anywhere on the Downloads main page anymore.
Pages: 1 2