Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Not sure if i have the latest version of dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went on the dolphin website and downloaded what i thought to be the latest version of dolphin (4.0.2) but ive read other places that it isn't? I have been trying to play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and it will play for about 20 minutes then crash. I have played around with the settings that people recommend and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Get the latest dev build from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ (4.0-8875 as of writing)
4.0.2 is over 2 years old, and right now the dev builds are being optimized for a 5.0 release, so they should be way faster and more stable.
Thanks. I appreciate it
When i try to download one of the Dev versions it keeps giving me zip files and when i try to open them they just download again. When i originally downloaded 4.0.2 i did it from he bottom of the page in the stable version section and i didnt have this problem.
You have to extract the files in the archive.
You have to open the zip file. Then, you have to extract everything that is in that zip in a folder.

EDIT: ninja´d e_e
Also, like it says in the download page, please make sure you have the 64 bit Visual studio 2015 runtimes installed. It provides a link.
I have the visual studio but still every time i download the link on the dolphin page it comes up with the file but it has the Google Chrome logo versus a zipped file so i cant extract anything. Each time I click on the download it pops up with another one download of the same thing
It is a "7Z" file instead of a compressed zip file
Go download 7zip.
Pages: 1 2