Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fastest Dolphin version? (max FPS/frame limit using Tab) - Windows x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find that this version 4.0-5647-x64 is very fast (max FPS), maybe the fastest...??? Anyone knows a faster version? Just that......

I use Windows 10 x64, Ram 4GB, CPU G3220, GTX 750. Tested on Rune Factory Frontier and Tides of Destiny
The newest development version is generally the fastest.
(02-07-2016, 01:08 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The newest development version is generally the fastest.
I just tested all latest versions in the first 15 pages. None is faster Big GrinBig Grin. Oops, and I forget that what I meant was about max FPS while pressing Tab (topic edited). That is important because sometimes you just want to make the time in game go fast
Can you please give your max (average) FPS/VPS values for 4.0-5647 and then the max (average) FPS/VPS values for the very latest development build on the download page? "Faster then current master" is not really descriptive enough and if the difference is only ~1-2 FPS/VPS, it might be better just to eat the small loss in FPS/VPS and enjoy the likely significant accuracy improvements the latest master build offers over 4.0-5647.

That being said, you can always try enabling "CPU Clock Override" in Advanced Settings and play around with the values to squeeze the most VPS out of your system with minimum FPS loss. Another option to try is to look at the unofficial Ishiiruka builds Tino makes: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version

There are lots of neat things that are included in there, but there is basically no support for any problems you come across unless you post it in that thread (IIRC, Ishiiruka is currently slower then master in the latest builds; so make sure to read the thread to find the fastest build if you are looking for maximum speed).

If you are looking for older master builds that might be a bit faster then 4.0-5647, try the "Block GPU Thread" build 4.0-5971 (is supposed to benefit dual core and thermal bottlenecked systems the most).
So, you're actually looking for a build that enables you to skip annoying cutscenes as fast as possible. Is that correct?

Ishiiruka builds are nice and almost always up to date with the changes / improvements from master, but official dev builds are still slightly faster (about 5%)... unless you use exclusive features of Ishiiruka, such as the Direct3D 12 backend and the 'Fast EFB Access' option.

The fastest one I've tested so far is dev build 4.0-8668. Try that one. Later builds are noticeably slower.

You can also try the latest unofficial Direct3D12 build by hdcmeta or the very latest Ishiiruka build (updated today) with the most recent D3D12 improvements and bugfixes.
But remember, there's no support for unofficial builds.
I'm looking for a way to run my game as fast as possible but do not have to change settings much. So, I tested my game (Rune Factory Frontier) by loading a save file in a same scene and press Tab to see the max possible FPS and VPS.

Latest builds on download page were about 110-125 FPS average using OpenGL
The Ishiiruka 510 version FPS was 140 using DX12 (the latest ver is not faster than this ver)
The dolphin_dx12_v0.98 by hdcmeta was 145 using DX12
Fastest version I found is 4.0-5647 (on download page) which reaches 160-165 in FPS using OpenGL (33% faster than latest versions).
OpenGL performance, you said?
Well, in that case there's nothing faster than 4.0-1776.
It's a bit older, but fast as ****.

4.0-1776 was the latest build that used coherent buffers, before the change was reverted.
Coherent memory mapping improves OpenGL performance by 30% on NVIDIA GeForce Maxwell and all AMD Radeon GPUs.

P.S. And make sure you enable 'Fast Buffer Upload' in the Graphics Settings if you have an NVIDIA card.
Wow that version 4.0-1776 is so slow on my computer... my max FPS was only 60. And I can't find the "Buffer Upload" that you said. I like to use latest features so I think I will follow Ishiiruka and hdcmeta threads for DX12.

Thanks for helping
(02-08-2016, 01:20 AM)stax Wrote: [ -> ]Wow that version is soooooo slow... max FPS was only 60.

- Always delete the config and cache folders before trying a different build (especially older builds). Not the whole Dolphin folder, just the 'config', 'cache' and 'ShaderCache' subfolders. This will reset all settings to default.
- Turn OFF VSync in the graphics settings and/or the NVIDIA control panel.

Alternatively, you can run each build of Dolphin in portable mode. See the Dolphin FAQ or the AMD/ATI GPU Performance Guide for more info.
(02-07-2016, 11:38 PM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]Coherent memory mapping improves OpenGL performance by 30% on NVIDIA GeForce Maxwell and all AMD Radeon GPUs.

No it doesn't.
Pages: 1 2