Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't remove a fkin "Clavier " folder created by Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I used to create a folder named Clavier  with a space, which just broken the folder and actually I can't remove it, i've tried to uninstall dolphin but it didn't removed the whole directory which is C:\Users\tamer\OneDrive\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\Profiles\GCPad\Clavier \ you can see "OneDrive\" but it's in basic "Documents" folder too. I tried billions of things but nothing works so it's such hemoroïds. Thanks 4 helping me to remove this assfked folder.
Just delete the folder?
Are you serious mate?

I've tried, but it says that the folder doesn't exist
How did you create it then? Try removing it from the command line.
I don't know how this will different in Windows 10, but it may be a rights issue. On Windows 7, this is taken care of by this technique: Right click the folder > Properties > Security tab > Advanced > Owner tab > Edit... > Click your name > Apply/Ok and go back all the way applying and oking. Does that help? Did you get any errors won't doing it?

[spoiler]You can think Windows Vista for the complexity of this mess![/url]
Looks like the "folder" you're trying to remove is just a *symlink* to a folder that doesn't exist.

- Are you using the built-in File Manager (Windows Explorer / File Explorer)? To be able to remove files, you must run it as admin.
- You can try the command prompt (must run it as admin) to browse to the docs folder, list the contents and remove the (read-only) link with the -f switch.
- If none of this helps, reboot the PC in Safe Mode and try again.
- If you still can't remove it, reboot in Repair Mode and use the command prompt.
- Use a different portable (dual pane) file manager [as always run it as admin]
- Use a junk cleaning app (e.g. CCleaner) and run the registry cleaner to remove it.
- Do what the mod said in the previous post.
(02-07-2016, 09:01 PM)Averock Wrote: [ -> ]...
Are you serious mate?

I've tried, but it says that the folder doesn't exist

You didn't explicitly say that you tried to just delete it, so I had to ask. Tongue
Since the folder is inside your OneDrive folder also, go to the OneDrive website and see if you can delete it from there (this might help: https://support.office.com/en-us/article...9083e6a84f)
By default, Windows won't let you create folders/files ending with space, so, if somehow you managed to create it, you'll have lots of weird issues like this one. I suggest you deleting the folder through the absolute path (or whatever MS call this) to the file. Try the following command through CLI:

Code:
rd /s /q "\\?\C:\Users\tamer\OneDrive\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\Profiles\GCPad\Clavier "

(you may need to run this command a few times if there are more folders inside "Clavier " but this will do the trick. Also, DO NOT remove the "" from the command, they're really important for this "trick")

EDIT: if anyone is curious, the source of this info is here and here...
Wow, you guys are genius, thanks, it works, I've deleted the folder using the Windows Console and typing rd /s /q "\\?\C:\Users\tamer\OneDrive\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\Profiles\GCPad\Clavier "
Seriously, thanks. I've created this folder by creating a profile in dolphin configuration. Thanks again mates.
You possibly could have deleted the profile from within Dolphin to solve this. Hmm... *not not brave enough to create a profile and try it*
Pages: 1 2