Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulation error across the board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Snipple Wiffle

Hey all,

So I finally took the time to make an account on here because I have been unable to find anything like my problem online. So I recently got the itch to play twilight princess, and have run emulators on my PC before. I already had dolphin on here, and actually remembered having this problem awhile ago and giving up. Anyways, here's the issue. Every time I start up the Twilight princess game, it comes up with the initial health and safety screen, and 'press any button to continue'. After clicking through, the game flashes the Nintendo screen for a few seconds, followed by the Dolby screen. Ok, it seems, the game has been loaded up. As soon as the Dolby screen fades, nothing happens. after a few seconds, the FPS drops to 40ish, 15ish, then 0, and the only thing to do is close the emulation. I have tried 4-5 different ISO downloads, as well as 3 different Dolphin builds (4.0.2, 4.0.0, and a dev build that was first on the list when i checked the site today). Every time the problem is exactly the same. First three screens load up, then the game freezes and the emulation has to be stopped. I have tried various configs, windowed mode, low strain settings. Nothing works, and it' s driving me nuts because I can't find anything online. Any help would be GREATlY appreciated. Thanks
(02-06-2016, 08:56 AM)Snipple Wiffle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

So I finally took the time to make an account on here because I have been unable to find anything like my problem online. So I recently got the itch to play twilight princess, and have run emulators on my PC before. I already had dolphin on here, and actually remembered having this problem awhile ago and giving up. Anyways, here's the issue. Every time I start up the Twilight princess game, it comes up with the initial health and safety screen, and 'press any button to continue'. After clicking through, the game flashes the Nintendo screen for a few seconds, followed by the Dolby screen. Ok, it seems, the game has been loaded up. As soon as the Dolby screen fades, nothing happens. after a few seconds, the FPS drops to 40ish, 15ish, then 0, and the only thing to do is close the emulation. I have tried 4-5 different ISO downloads, as well as 3 different Dolphin builds (4.0.2, 4.0.0, and a dev build that was first on the list when i checked the site today). Every time the problem is exactly the same. First three screens load up, then the game freezes and the emulation has to be stopped. I have tried various configs, windowed mode, low strain settings. Nothing works, and it' s driving me nuts because I  can't find anything online. Any help would be GREATlY appreciated. Thanks

What I marked with bold is causing your problem. You wouldn´t be suffering it if you dump the game instead of downloading it.

What I mean is that probably -any- of the ISO images you got are corrupted.

Snipple Wiffle

(02-06-2016, 09:00 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]
What I marked with bold is causing your problem. You wouldn´t be suffering it if you dump the game instead of downloading it.

What I mean is that probably -any- of the ISO images you got are corrupted.

Hmmm, guess i better find a way to rip a gamecube disc then
If you have a Wii, you can use CleanRip to rip the game disk very easily. Also, just a reminder, you are not allowed to mention that you have downloaded games here at all…
There are several ways to do it. Some optical disk drives allow you to do it.

If you have a Wii, you can use it to dump all of your games.

Snipple Wiffle

Right, my apologies. They are since deleted. Just raided my basement looking for the old GC and possibly a copy of LoZ:TP, didn't find anything yet. Jumped online and Gamestop has no inventory, and wants $30. I googled and checked amazon. People are selling the GC disk for $100+!!!! Absolute insanity IMO, especially with the HD version coming out soon.
The GC disc is very hard to find and many people prefer that version, making it cost $100+