Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: State belongs to a different game ID 000000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sissel

Hello,

like 5 hours ago or so, I saved my NFS Underground games (it was a save state that I overwrote several times at this point). And right now, as I try to load it, it fails and tells me "State belongs to a different game ID 000000", which... doesn't make much sense?

Is the savestate basically corrupted, or is there hope?
I google'd and found https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/archive/i...18362.html , but renaming the state didn't work.
Is it better to save in game instead of using dolphin's states?

Thanks in advance.
Of course it´s better. Save states aren´t that much compatible with every dev build, while in-game saves (memory card files) are.

Sissel

Right.

But what about the weird "State belongs to a different game ID 000000" issues I get, any way to fix it?
000000 probably means that Dolphin didn't associate the savestate with a game ID. I don't know how that could've happened or what you should do.
Had this happen to me and couldn't find any fixes when I searched it up.

Open the save that isn't working (the .s0[n] file) in a text editor and change the "000000" at the very start of the file to the ID of the game, which should be the filename.