Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does Pokemon Battle Revolution work with Netplay? Can I battle my friends online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Adam0193

Title.

Can anyone tell me if Pokemon Battle revolution supports Netplay?
Can I battle my friends online in Pokemon Battle Revolution?

And if so, is there a guide to set-up online pokemon battles between my friend and I?
Yes, PBR works with netplay. If I'm not mistaken, just about every game with local multiplayer is a netplay candidate in Dolphin now. As for setting up matches with your friends, have a look at this guide for setting up netplay in Dolphin. From there, you just play it as if you and your friends were all together in front of a Wii (e.g. select the appropriate options in PBR to set up a multiplayer match.

Adam0193

Sweet! Thank you so much!
I couldn't find an answer anywhere on google and so I wasn't sure if it was even possible.
I appreciate the clarification! (:
There are some restrictions, though. Dolphin doesn't support connecting a Nintendo DS to use as a controller or for transferring Pokémon (regardless of whether you're using netplay) and you can't load a saved game (only in netplay). I'm not sure how much fun the game will be if you only have the Pokémon you can get at the start...

Also, the game requires Wii Remotes, so it might desync.