Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need some Swiss widescreen help-SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yuri1696

Alright so I have no idea if I'm posting this in the right spot. But anyway, I downloaded the latest swiss zip file from here: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc

I am a mega noob with all this stuff. Just wondering how to get the Swiss widescreen hack properly working. Like I said, I'm a noob, but I really want to have a better widescreen option than the widescreen hack Dolphin offers. It doesn't work very well with certain games. I need like, step by step instructions, even stuff that seems common sense. Thank you.

UPDATE: Ok, so I got it working. I mentioned I was having slow down and no audio. To fix the slowdown, edit Symphonia's settings within Swiss and change "No disc mode" to "Yes" instead of "No." For the audio, go into Dolphin config, and under audio I changed Audio Backend from "OpenAL" to "AudioX2"

Thanks again for the help!
(02-04-2016, 08:24 AM)Yuri1696 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so I have no idea if I'm posting this in the right spot. But anyway, I downloaded the latest swiss zip file from here: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc

I am a mega noob with all this stuff. Just wondering how to get the Swiss widescreen hack properly working. Like I said, I'm a noob, but I really want to have a better widescreen option than the widescreen hack Dolphin offers. It doesn't work very well with certain games. I need like, step by step instructions, even stuff that seems common sense. Thank you
Hi, Yuri, the Swiss Widescreen was tricky to figure out and there was no documentation. I think I stumbled upon it. However, I stopped using it because it didn't work that well and I felt it was slow. I ended up using the widescreen CODES that people provide for most gamecube games. Go into the widescreen discussion and you'll find the codes. You're better of with that solution

Unfortunately, I just tried to use the latest version of Swiss Widescreen Hack with the latest version of dolphin and it didn't work so I'll just walk you through what I remember...

1. Drag the Swiss Iso into your game files.
2. Open dolphin and click on the browse button to add your game directory
3. Click on graphics and under aspect ratio, force 16x9
4. Double click on swiss for nintendo gamecube. An error should pop up and you should see the dolphin application laid over Swiss Hack (if not, hit alt-tab).
5. Click on File and then "Change disk"
6. Browse to your game directory and double click on the game iso you want to play. Dolphin app should now be hidden and you just see swiss.
7. Go to your controller and hit B to select the eject button.
8. Hit A and select the eject button. The game should load and you'll see the game in Swiss.
9. You should just be able to select the game and hit A and it starts. Mine didn't.

Also, I tried selecting the settings to change them and it was acting weird. Up was sometimes down and sometimes select... I don't know if its my setup. If you really want more help, I think I have an old copy of dolphin and swiss somewhere on an old HDD that I can fire up. I'd rather not but will. Hit me up if I've missed some crucial steps or I'm unclear.

Yuri1696

Awesome, thank you man, great stuff. Yeah, it's strange, it does run very slow and there's no sound. I found some auto boot version someone posted, it worked once where the video was regular speed but the audio was still gone. Now when I use it it's exactly the same, super slow and no sound. No idea. For the record I'm trying to run Tales of Symphonia. I can't find a widescreen code for that one

Yuri1696

Ok I fixed the slow problem. After you load Symphonia to Swiss, open the settings and change No Disc Mode to Yes (it's No by default). But the sound is still gone. I'm soooooo close to making this work. Any ideas anyone?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...ect-ratios

The guy who runs this post will provide Codes. He has a widescreen code of Tales of Symphonia in German, ask him if he'll provide one for USA (or wherever you're from).

You probably won't get much help with Swiss because most people with dolphin don't use - it's really for hacked gamecubes.

Good luck! (...and play around with Swiss settings)

Yuri1696

SOLVED! I updated my first post. Thanks for all the help!