Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I've been encountering a crash near the start of the game. I board the pirate ship and talk to the guy below deck and when he shows me how to swing from the rope it freezes right before he jumps onto the other platform. I saw where someone else had this problem but I couldn't find out if they fixed it or not. Any ideas on how to get past this? Thanks.

Here's the MD5 if anyone wants: d8e4d45af2032a081a0f446384e9261b
Still having this problem. Can anyone help me?
Well your md5 sum checks out, so it's not a bad file.
Do you have the latest drivers installed, and all windows updates?
Since you have an AMD card, are you using OpenGL or Direct3D? AMD drivers tend to work better with D3D.
(02-07-2016, 08:42 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Since you have an AMD card, are you using OpenGL or Direct3D? AMD drivers tend to work better with D3D.

I usually use D3D, I tried it with both though and same results.
(02-07-2016, 07:37 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Well your md5 sum checks out, so it's not a bad file.
Do you have the latest drivers installed, and all windows updates?

errrmmm im not exactly sure. ill check that and get back to you guys

Lestat550

Just wanted to throw in that I'm experiencing this issue as well, except Windwaker crashes with about 20 or so minutes of gameplay. I am using the latest stable release of Dolphin at 4.02 and have tried multiple changes to emulation settings (EFB to ram, no visual enhancements, different backends, etc.) to no avail. I'm also pretty certain there's no corruption with the game file. My PC should be up to snuff with I7-4720HQ, GTX 960m, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10. Sorry if this reply needs to be posted elsewhere, but I cannot find specifics for this issue anywhere. Thank you, and let me know if there's anything else I should try or if you need any more information!
The latest stable release of Dolphin is over two years old now. Grab the latest development revision (just click the button on the site's home page) and see if it still happens.

Lestat550

Alright, good suggestion, everything seems to be well. Didn't realize 4.02 was so old. Thanks for the quick help!