Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possible GPU Problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

frameofreality

Okay let me start out by saying this is the first time I've attempted newer emulations (as opposed to, say, those of PSX or GBA) so I apologize in advance for any obvious noobery.

Currently I'm trying to run Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen (Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse) using Dolphin (v4.0.2, x64 bit), but I seem to be having issues with both graphics and audio lagging, along with audio stuttering. I've messed around with the config and graphics tabs, but so far no luck. In fact, the only progress I have made is having the audio running relatively smoothly when using an older version of Dolphin (v3.5, x64 bit) instead, but the graphics still lag and are way out of sync with the audio. I've tried this with two other games (Project Zero 2: Wii Edition and Disaster: Day of Crisis) with the same results so I'm thinking it's a GPU issue?

I've read that both Intel processors and graphics cards are okay to use, as long as they're of a certain type but I'm not sure whether mine qualify.

My PC specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10 x64 bit
Processor/CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU N3150 @ 1.60GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel® HD Graphics
Memory/RAM: 4.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0.2

If anyone can offer any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it! I read up on the rules of the hardware section so I hope I'm doing this properly - if not, I'm sorry for the mistake!
Your CPU is really slow. Dolphin runs on 2 CPU threads, so the faster those threads are, the faster Dolphin is. If the cores running those threads aren't fast enough, then it lags, messing with the audio.
You should try the latest dev build (4.0-8863 as of writing), as it is way faster than 4.0.2 and 3., and less buggy.
You will need a better pc anyway . That is an ARM processor which is made for mobile units such as tablet , smartphone , small laptop . A non-gaming desktop/laptop will not run dolphin well . You should spend at least $400 if you can build your own desktop or $700 for laptop

frameofreality

(02-02-2016, 03:28 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is really slow. Dolphin runs on 2 CPU threads, so the faster those threads are, the faster Dolphin is. If the cores running those threads aren't fast enough, then it lags, messing with the audio.
You should try the latest dev build (4.0-8863 as of writing), as it is way faster than 4.0.2 and 3., and less buggy.

I thought so. Thanks, I'll try that!

frameofreality

(02-02-2016, 04:04 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You will need a better pc anyway . That is an ARM processor which is made for mobile units such as tablet , smartphone , small laptop . A non-gaming desktop/laptop will not run dolphin well . You should spend at least $400 if you can build your own desktop or $700 for laptop

Yeah, I figured but I wanted to make sure lol. Thanks for the info!
(02-02-2016, 04:04 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]That is an ARM processor which is made for mobile units such as tablet , smartphone , small laptop .

Just to clarify, its not an ARM processor, its an Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV) x86/x64 processor.
Either way, it's still really slow.
Typo . It's S.O.C actually , not ULV
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Celer...641.0.html
I also have Intel Bay Trail SOC on my tablet and I'm gonna tell you it sucks . ULV processor can turbo up and down but this SOC is just no (even though it does have turbo boost feature)