Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SD card for installing homebrew channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I plan on installing the homebrew channel on my old wii, so i can finally rip my old games for dolphin usage.
Now i wonder if there are any limitation what SD cards are compatible with the wii and CleanRip.

It would be nice if someone could post an Amazon link to a working one so i can order it Smile

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Will this one work, for example? Yes or No to this one as answer in enough ;D
http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.p...19601.html
The only limitation is that the card has to be non-SDHC (i.e. 2GB or less). This won't really give you enough space to rip Wii games, so I'd recommend using an external hard drive for that.
A real Wii supports SDHC cards just fine (so it's up to 32GB). Dolphin, on the other hand, doesn't emulate SDHC standard, so the virtual SD cards Dolphin uses are limited to 2GB...
SDHC works fine with Homebrew Channel, CleanRip and non-ancient versions of the system menu, but if you want to use it with Wii games, there are some that don't support it (like Super Smash Bros. Brawl).
That's what I meant--I suppose it depends on what method of installing the homebrew channel you use, but for smashstack, for example, it needs to be a standard SD card.
I suggest using Bannerbomb/Letterbomb instead, it's far easier and it supports SDHC cards just fine...
So I can use this (http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.p...19601.html) SD card to install homebrew channel, dump games to my pc and basically complete the full procedure of ripping a game from my real, physical wii to a packed iso on my pc (using letterbomb if possible, since it doesnt require a special game and seems pretty simple)? I dont really care too much about what SDs dolphin can use.

Sorry if thats a stupid question, but i dont know much about different bootmii glitches and how they work yet Smile
That should work (if you're using a real Wii, not the Wii mode of a Wii U).