Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Flawless performance where are you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Angel

Hi I have just installed dolphin emu on my computer and attempted to play super mario galaxy 2 but can't get past the intro without the audio and speed of the graphics messing up. I have tried what I feel are all combinations in the setting configurations but nothing is working flawless. Everything I've tried either makes the speed slower or the audio worse. Please help.
Your GPU is old but it's fine Dolphin at 3xIR or full HD . However , your CPU is too slow to run such a demanding game like SMG2
Emulator like Dolphin requires a powerful CPU
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#which-...ould-i-use
(02-01-2016, 03:48 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Your GPU is old but it's fine Dolphin at 3xIR or full HD . However , your CPU is too slow to run such a demanding game like SMG2
Emulator like Dolphin requires a powerful CPU
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#which-...ould-i-use

Thank you for replying how powerful are we talking? I may have access to a stronger CPU.  Smile
(02-01-2016, 03:51 PM)Dollismaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for replying how powerful are we talking? I may have access to a stronger CPU.  Smile

Never mind I just went to the link thanks. Blush
In term of performance , current Intel Dual Core @ 2.4GHz CPU is twice as fast as yours . So
If your memory/Ram is DDR3 , you may need to buy G3258 + Asrock Z97 Anniversary and then overclock it to 4.2GHz .It shouldn't cost much ($150 for both mobo and CPU or less than $100 if you buy them on microcenter store )
If your memory/Ram is DDR2 , you will not be able to use it . You may choose i3 6100 + DDR4 + MSI Z170A (overclocking is possible too)
Also, make sure you are using the latest development builds, NOT the stable version which is over 2 years old and lacks a lot of improvements and fixes. (You haven't filled in your profile correctly.)