Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hotkeys - MOD keys not locking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MOD keys (Control, Shift, etc) are not being locked, so if you load a savestate with F1, and save with Shift+F1, when you save you might be loading a previous save on the F1 slot.
I have never noticed this happening. I'm sure you already know that the mod key should be held first before the other key.
No need to refute me, go and test it. The only question is whether this is by design or not.

Set Load to (`F1`), Save to (LShift & `F1`). Then do a Save, Load, Save test.
Someone might test this before 5.0 goes full blown.
Another fact that I just found is that any key in the compound combo can execute the command.

That means that "LShift + F1" bound as savestate, can be called by just pressing LShift.

Both logic compounds are broken "LShift + F1" and "LShift & F1".
Check here: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9320
The hotkey should be changed from:

Code:
LShift & `F1`

to:

Code:
`LShift` & `F1`
Why?

That's not what Dolphin does in "Configure Control", you detect LShift, and Select LShift, then LShift is added.
If you do the same with F1, that is, you detect F1, then you Select F1, `F1` is added.

I got it to not auto trigger LShift by replacing the combo back to &, ` didn't make any distinction. So "LShift & `F1`". When I press that, F1 is invoked, or in other words, instead of saving a state, it's loading my state (`F1` key), which take us to square one, OP.
Whoever can explain how hotkey (combos) work, please chime in.
Same issues on last versions.