Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just a question: Will forced dual core be optimized?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I notice it causes some bugs and weird messages appear, but other wise, force dual core doesn't do anything bad. In fact, it actually runs faster with it on. I'm just wondering if this feature will continue to be worked on, since it would be awesome for those of us with slightly weaker (but still within requirements) CPUs.
(04-06-2009, 10:37 AM)Terranigma Freak Wrote: [ -> ]I notice it causes some bugs and weird messages appear, but other wise, force dual core doesn't do anything bad. In fact, it actually runs faster with it on. I'm just wondering if this feature will continue to be worked on, since it would be awesome for those of us with slightly weaker (but still within requirements) CPUs.

Some games - such as Viewtiful Joe - require you to have Dual Core disabled to play at a decent speed. It also is pretty unstable when wanting to use save-states.

cmccmc

It's pretty stable as is but they will probably try to fix it up a bit more
If i'm using a dual core computer and use this opition, how much fast i can be running gc games on dolphin?
And 64/32 version have much difference?
Thanks!

Ps.: i'm so sorry but my english is too bad...
I only tested this with two games from my library, but forced dual core gets at LEAST 10 frame boost in Fire Emblem: POR and Harvest Moon Magical Melody.
It depends on your system and the game you're trying to play. Some games won't get much of a boost. As previously stated, some games run worse with it enabled. While others get quite a large increase. Example, Soul Calibur 2 for me ran a little over half speed with it disabled. But enabled, it can easily run at full speed with no slow downs. Smile