Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recent Dolphin dev builds won´t open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone.

I´m going across this problem, that the most recent dev builds doesn´t want to work.

I have tried the following so far:

1- Checked for the latest updates available for Windows, and installed them.

2- Installed (and reinstalled) Visual C++ Redistributable 2015.

3- Did some bisecting.

The last working dev build for me is 4.0-8398. The build 4.0-8435 has this problem, so I assume that this bug must have appeared between these two builds.

The issue goes like this: I click on the Dolphin icon to run the emulator, the loading icon appear with the cursor (like if the emulator was loading), then it would open and close instantly. No crashes, no messages. I can´t think of anything else to do.

Please, I really need help. I don´t want to get hold back by this. Sad
4.0-8779 works for me over here, as does 8435.
Mm, you suggest me to use that one?
Well, the build in which you say the issue arises works fine for me, opens and plays games. Probably something strange happening on your end
Hello again.

I kept trying again and again, and none of the recent build works for me. I´ll try to install the latest updates for Windows and see if something changes. Oh, and any other solution is appreciated.
Then please bisect the build that causes the problem. Always test the build in the middle between working and not working, until you can say which change broke this.

Also try this:
Create an empty text file and call it "portable.txt" and put it in the folder with the Dolphin.exe. This makes Dolphin use the config, saves, cache and whatnot run from the installation folder. If this fixes your issue, you have some problem with your config or cache. If you remove the file again, you return to using your normal config.
Yeah, about bisecting; I did try the program that someone suggested me before. Some builds after 4.0-84xx work during the test, but when I wanted to use those tested builds they wouldn´t work.

I´ll do the portable trick to see if it works.

EDIT: mimimi, you´re my running dog! (If you played any of the old GTA games, you should know it´s not an insult). The portable trick worked indeed. I´m so happy now! Big Grin

Really, thanks.