Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Only need GC games to run good. Here are my specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked all over and can't seem to find the right mixture of software and settings to make Zelda Four Swords work for my 4 year old. I'm not too worried about wii games cause my wii usb loader works fine. However, my dvd drive is broken so my kids can't play any GC games at all on my wii. Please help me to get my system running Dolphin well for GC games or at lease Zelda Four Swords. Thanks!

RAM: 4gb DDR2 400
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66MHz (can't overclock cuz Intel DG33FB mobo)
VID: xfx 9600 GT 512 MB stock
vid drivers: nVidia 190.38

Can't think of any other specs that matter. I'm willing to install a different OS if recommended.
The game runs full speed for me (see specs), some slowdowns near waterfalls. Use the Dx9 plugin, enable dual core and safe texture cache (or else the sprites will look grey). Sound stops to play on some occasions, I heard it can be solved by using a DSP plugin older than r4111

BTW are you saying the game doesn't run at all? Cause then something is wrong (see the requirements thread)
I have that vary same cpu and everything works great.
If you just want to run GC you should be ok.
Of course I don't have Zelda Four Swords, so i can't tell you about that.
(09-27-2009, 02:41 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]The game runs full speed for me (see specs), some slowdowns near waterfalls. Use the Dx9 plugin, enable dual core and safe texture cache (or else the sprites will look grey). Sound stops to play on some occasions, I heard it can be solved by using a DSP plugin older than r4111

BTW are you saying the game doesn't run at all? Cause then something is wrong (see the requirements thread)

It runs just not full speed.

I can't find the dx9 plugin anywhere! I've looking in the stickies and there are threads "about" the dx9 plugin but no download links or any installation instructions.

Also How do I use the DSP plugin older than r4111?
Is OpenGL the only choice you have while choosing GFX plugin? If so, you need to update your DirectX 9.0c to August 2009 release.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...2d8712d553

This Works to Fix Black screen issue too + by using Skies or arcadia (or Z bloom) hacks.
Your Speed Should Work very well and maybe near to Full Speed btw , I have pantium dual core and it works And Works So Well and even in HD Resulution Smile
But thought wii on HD mode Slows down On my Computer

But No Worries , your Species are 10X Better than mine and could Run Full Speed HD Resulution or not ^^
Even Wii games should work very well (may not be full speed thought)
(09-27-2009, 06:08 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Is OpenGL the only choice you have while choosing GFX plugin? If so, you need to update your DirectX 9.0c to August 2009 release.

Those links for directx don't work. Besides, Windows 7 uses directx 11 so I'm confused.
Doesn't matter you still need to update, all versions of Windows ship with a very basic stock version of DirectX which needs to be updated. Also DirectX 10 and 11 aren't backwards compatible with DX9 games or applications, so you need to update the DirectX 9 libraries and dll's.

Since Dolphin is a DirectX 9 application, you'll need to update DirectX to use any of the plugins which utilize DirectX.

If you don't update DirectX, some games and applications won't work because of missing dll's, it's as simple as that. Wink
Ok so I found that download for August 2009 direct x and installed. Now I have directx plugin. HOly cow! I can't believe how much faster everything is. I thought nvidia cards were better with opengl? This is somewhat of a bummer cause of all the directx graphic anomalies. I feel that I am one step closer though because it proves my PC is fast enough to run it. Now if I could just get all the speed issues worked out so Opengl is as fast as directx then I would be a happy camper!
(09-27-2009, 02:41 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]I heard it can be solved by using a DSP plugin older than r4111

Where do I find this?