Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using XBMC - Unexpected Parameter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

i use XBMC (Advanced Launcher) to start GC / Wii-Games. With 4.0-6577  i had no problems.

With updated to 4.0-8814 i always get a Message "unexpected Parameter", when i want to launch a Wii Game through Advanved Launcher on XBMC (the game doesnt start!)

When i dont use XBMC and open Dolphin then click/start a game, the Message dont pop up and the game starts fine!

Does anybody knows whats wrong?

Thanks for your Help!
What are your command arguments to Dolphin? It looks like that it interprets something wrong. (eg. "/e /b game" would think that "/b" is the actual game and the "game" is a another commandline option and it is a invalid commandline argument)
(01-27-2016, 05:53 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]What are your command arguments to Dolphin? It looks like that it interprets something wrong. (eg. "/e /b game" would think that "/b" is the actual game and the "game" is a another commandline option and it is a invalid commandline argument)

what do you mean with command arguments? I dont know how xbmc / advanced launcher use it. Its only strange because with the older dolphin version it works great.
sorry guys but i still have the problems. Sad

What does the message mean? Any Ideas?

Big Thanks!
It just says that it expected a paremeter (eg. /b) but got something different (in this case, your game file). Then it displays the help so you know the commands you can use.
You get the same effect if you drag'n'drop onto the executable.

Unfortunately, i know nothing about XBMC. Maybe look at the settings of how you run Dolphin. Usually, there should be something like "Commandline arguments" or so. If you find it, usually, something like "%1" is used for the game-path, so you usually prepend it with "-b -e " (eg. "-b -e "%1").
If you look at the help (second popup), you see that /b means batch (Exit Dolphin if you exit the game) and /e loads a file.
(In Dolphin you can either use /b or -b. In the Windows world, you usually use /b and in the Unix world you usually use -b, but Dolphin accepts both)

mrlex

I am having the same issue (but trying to add games to Steam).
This issue only began with the latest version.

The commandline arguments I am using are as follows:

%l %r

Previously these worked fine but ever since the update I get the same error described in the original post.

Thanks for your help,
(01-30-2016, 10:48 PM)mrlex Wrote: [ -> ]This issue only began with the latest version.
Previously these worked fine but ever since the update I get the same error described in the original post.
4.0-6577 (works fine)
4.0-8814 (Error)

But what has change with the new updates? Huh

The Only Parameter that i use in XBMC (Advanced Launcher) is %rom%. Thats a Standard-Parameter, that is Pre-Config and works for Dolphin 4.0-6577
Well, then change it to /b /e %rom% as described above.
I just tested it, it seems that it got changed and you now have to use the /e-argument to open the game. The /b argument is just for closing dolphin if you close the game, also described above.
Reading and trying isn't hard.
(01-31-2016, 05:44 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]Well, then change it to /b /e %rom% as described above.
I just tested it, it seems that it got changed and you now have to use the /e-argument to open the game. The /b argument is just for closing dolphin if you close the game, also described above.
Reading and trying isn't hard.

Works!

Thanks Guy Smile