Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [HOW-TO] Swing in No More Heroes with Mouse - and other stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Isolated1

[color=#ff3333]I originally made this post at the game support thread for No More Heroes, but seeing there's more interaction here in this sub-forum, I decided to repost it here so more people with this problem could find it easily.[/color]
[color=#3399ff]https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...oes--26453[/color]

I think I've figured out how to deal with how to swing when playing No More Heroes, and some configurations for a better game experience for Keyboard and Mouse users.

I'll start off by showing my wiimote configurations.

[Image: IRjG7ZD.png]

The only settings I left on default are the 'Buttons', 'IR', and 'Shake'.

Now take a look at the 'Swing' configurations.

It is possible to perform a death blow by doing a swing with the mouse, but apparently we cannot "swing" fast and hard enough, so what I did was raise the sensitivity, which is labelled as "input range".

Right-click on the buttons beside Up, Down, Left, Right to access the next configurations window, and set these to Cursor Y-, Cursor Y+, Cursor X-, and Cursor X+, respectively, then set the ranges to full 500.

[Image: EEfuFVh.png]
(To select the Cursor X/Y/-/+ options, first click on 'Clear' to clear away the text on the lower text box if there is any, then scroll down the scroll box above till you see them. Click on the Cursor option, then click on the 'Select' button at the right. Cursor X/Y/-/+ will then be seen at the bottom text box. Now click OK to finish binding that setting to Up/Down/Left/Right)

Now we can successfully perform a death blow by moving the mouse up, left, and right. Why only those three? Because As of now, I can't seem to do a successful death blow when the arrow is telling us to swing downwards, no matter how many times. Maybe I'm not moving my mouse fast enough, or maybe my mouse isn't in the right angle to be detected as a down swing, so when that happens, I click with the middle-button on the mouse which, if you go back and take a look at the Wiimote config, is labelled as 'Click 2' on the 'Shake' options.

Whenever the death blow prompt appears, 'Shaking' by tapping the middle-button seems to occasionally work, no matter the direction. I stress occasionally.

Speaking of shaking, whenever we grab an enemy, we will be prompted to swing BOTH the wiimote and nunchuck upwards or downwards to make it successful.

[Image: 9kCNeFNl.png]

We can set the middle mouse button, 'Click 2', to the 'Shake' option of the nunchuck config.

Take a look once again at the wiimote config and click on 'Configure' which is under 'Extension' below the 'Shake' options. (Make sure 'Nunchuck' is selected at the box above 'Configure')

[Image: ogYci89l.png]

That way, both the emulated wiimote and nunchuck will be shaking by the touch of one button. And with luck, the grab will be successful.

But as I said before, 'Shaking' to do a successful directional prompt is purely luck. So what we can do is set the 'Swing' options of the Nunchuck with the same settings as the 'Swing' of the Wiimote. Also don't forget to raise the Range of Input to 400 or 300, because from my observations, 500 seems to be too sensitive for the emulator to recognize the Nunchuck movement. I could be wrong though.

[Image: b6tJWJwl.png]

Take note: It seems that you have to be as precise as possible when moving your mouse towards a direction. If you want to swing up, but you sway too far to the left or right, your movement won't be recognized as an upward swing.

Now go back to the wiimote config and take a look at my 'Tilt' settings.

As you've noticed, the settings are the opposite of 'Swing' and 'IR'. Its set this way so that we won't be confused when switch between high and low attacks. If we followed the order of the Cursor options of 'Swing' and 'IR', then whenever we move our cursor upwards, Travis' stance goes low, and vice versa.

[Image: Azc4Dmam.png]
cursor up

[Image: FMhWaHJm.png]
cursor down

And so that we can switch easily between high and low stance, we can set the range of input to 500.
Same procedure as before: Right-click on the buttons beside Forward, Backward, Left, and Right to open another window and set the bindings for Cursor Y+/-, X+/- respectively, and raise the 'Range' to 500.

And that's that! To add a little bit, I set my D-pad to F,V,C,B, so that whenever I need to dodge, my thumb won't have to reach too far on the keyboard.

I'll upload a video soon so you guys could see my hands fumble around on the keyboard as I try to play with those configurations on.

[color=#ff3333][EDIT][/color] The video is up, and here's the link.

When you prompted to swing BOTH the wiimote and nunchuck upwards why don't you simply go up with mouse and press w?
maybe someone searched for that setup https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...#pid417815